Getting to CoMS from Piccadilly Station

whosonthebench

I am planning on getting the train up on Monday and was wondering what's the best way of getting to the stadium and back on the night is.

Had a quick look at train times and that and the last train back home is at 22:07 which means I may have to do the thing that I hate, leave early...

cheers

whosonthebench said:
I am planning on getting the train up on Monday and was wondering what's the best way of getting to the stadium and back on the night is.

Had a quick look at train times and that and the last train back home is at 22:07 which means I may have to do the thing that I hate, leave early...

cheers

Follow the crowds and walk. It's only about 20-25 mins<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 pm --<br /><br />
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Fancy it will be the bus from Piccadilly. Can't remember the number but yer can get it near Wetherspoon's I think. And then one of the buses back might not get yer to Piccadilly for yer train!

216, 231

Getting to the stadium, you can walk it in 20 minutes or so from Piccadilly or walk out the front of the station and straight on to Piccadilly Gardens, match special buses leave from the stop next to the big statue and Kro bar. £1 to the ground.
Getting back for 10.07 you'll be pushing it mate for an 8pm kick-off. Buses go back to town from Ashton New Road, opposite the South Stand, but you might have to leave early and hoof it. You can sometimes get a cab on the New Road near the Mercedes dealership, often a few waiting there, but you'd need to be quick.

What stand are you in?

I'm in the 3rd Tier East Stand and would have to leave really earlier for 10.07 train. It's not the distance but the masses of people - although it may be better this season if the roadworks have been completed.

Ed68 said:
What stand are you in?

I'm in the 3rd Tier East Stand and would have to leave really earlier for 10.07 train. It's not the distance but the masses of people - although it may be better this season if the roadworks have been completed.

The metrolink isn't as bad they've got the tracks down it's just the overhead cables now.

Im in the south stand.

so im alright getting there: follow the rest of the blues/match special bus/normal bus but getting back is going to take the piss. Might have to get a jog on no matter what time I leave the ground.

If it's anything like last season, there will be a row of cabs starting at the railway bridge just past the Mercedes garage, and heading back towards the Mitchell Arms. They'll bob you into town in no time and only cost a couple of quid.

LeeOnePen said:
If it's anything like last season, there will be a row of cabs starting at the railway bridge just past the Mercedes garage, and heading back towards the Mitchell Arms. They'll bob you into town in no time and only cost a couple of quid.

A couple of quid. Have you been holding a gun to the taxi drivers heads when you ask them how much to town?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.