getting tough at last

borninm14

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pagegid=</a>{DBD12D53-8346-431D-A04F-5D0F8664DE80}&newsid=6630365

Quaity!

Following the publication of an article in today’s Sun newspaper by Ian McGarry which states that Jose Mourinho has rejected a £12.5million offer to manage Manchester City Football Club, the Club would like to clarify the following.

The article is completely without foundation and the Club is considering legal action to address the matter.

Don't quite know where the basis for a law suit would lie though.

With a bit of luck Libel. Suspect more like a letter of complaint to press complaints though, who will tell Rag press to print an apology.

Pam said:

The fact that they have written an unsubstantiated and false article about the club that could be seen to undermine the current manager and also Mourinho's position at Inter. If they wrote the article as fact as opposed to speculation then it can be construed as libelous. Think of it as Inter if they believed it could engage FIFA to take action against us for an illegal approach to there current manager.

McGarry has writeen numerous bullshit articles about us over the last few months. We have plenty to hammer the **** with.

I don't know UK law on this score, but my mind keeps hovering around tortious intererence with contract and defamation (that might go to damages); and given City have issued previous warnings about this type of thing (starting with Frank, and continued recently), and assuming this IS without foundation, a forray in the direction of punitive damages might be worth a look-see.

Then I woke up.

If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the facts are against you, argue the law.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.