Ghosts

idahoblues

Does anyone believe in them? Just heard a story from a friend that gave me goosebumps and I really don't believe in them but his account of what happened really made me wonder as he's not a bullshitter. Over the years I've heard several others that made me think........bunch of bullshit or possible?

Don't be fucking ridiculous.

It's obviously possible to think you've seen a ghost without being a bullshitter though.

Nah, load of shite. My place is supposedly haunted, we have 'Ghost Hunts' every couple of months where a group will go around the hotel at midnight looking for them. Everytime there's loads who reckon they have 'felt' a presence or heard something. Well yeah, it's an old building. What you can hear is the creaking floorboards and what you feel,is some **** bumping into you because you're walking around in the pitch black you weirdos.

Suffice to say in the 14 years I've been here I've seen or heard fuck all.

moved into an old house with my family when i was 15, waking up one morning i seen a chap walk past my bed,i jumped up and turned around and he had gone,i can still see the image today, anyway a couple of years went by and we found some photo's in the loft and he was on the picture it turned out he was the husband of the woman we purchased the house off who had died some 3 months before we moved in

ghosts sorry hahaha i've had this argument a million times and the answer is no,my question is why do they only come out at night? as through the day graveyards are awash with people,but you wont get many in one at night because they are scared lol

Nah, load of shite. My place is supposedly haunted, we have 'Ghost Hunts' every couple of months where a group will go around the hotel at midnight looking for them. Everytime there's loads who reckon they have 'felt' a presence or heard something. Well yeah, it's an old building. What you can hear is the creaking floorboards and what you feel,is some **** bumping into you because you're walking around in the pitch black you weirdos.

Suffice to say in the 14 years I've been here I've seen or heard fuck all.
You've seen the Sixth Sense haven't you? Maybe you're the ghost.

Whoooooowhoo!

I was always a sceptic when it came to the existence of ghosts, however after watching 11 of them on a football pitch last night, I am now a firm believer... Don't think the people from Iceland believe though as they just walked right through them without a backward glance!!!!!

A former partner used to be a cook at Atherleigh hospital and, as she was on earlies to do the breakfast and subsequently the first one in, I accompanied her down to the kitchens. Access meant going down quite a long corridor at 5am and, as we turned the corridor fluorescent lights on, we clearly saw a women in a dark grey Victorian 'matron style' dress walk across (not along) the corridor.

For a split second she seemed to hesitate, as if she'd seen us, before walking straight through the wall. The interesting thing is, despite knowing that we had seen a ghost, her action of hesitating and looking back at us made us not feel it was so much a 'haunting' but that somehow we had seen a few seconds back in time and that she, quite possibly, for those same seconds in her own time saw us too, as something clearly caught here eye.

We looked into the history of Atherleigh and found that it had, at one point in it's life been a workhouse and that there had in fact been an additional corridor that originally crossed the one we were on but had been knocked down and the crossing bricked up.

The following photo (not mine as our incident took place in the very early eighties before camera phones) other than our sighting going from left to right, ours appearing to be at the very end of the corridor and the corridor itself being much darker/dreary than the one in the picture is very similar to what we experienced.

GhostHospitalMain.jpg

Still fascinates me to this day!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.