Gianfranco Zola resigns as Birmingham boss/Redknapp appointed

Great player.
Lovely guy.
Shit manager.

An object lesson for the star-struck teenagers on the BCFC board.

Find something else to do, Gianfranco.

Last edited:
I don't understand why he's resigned today, its unlikely that anyone else can change their form now, and they're not going to get a full time appointment with 3 games to go. For me he's taken the cowards way out, resigning before it can be said he was the manager when they were relegated.

I'm not sure he ever had much hope there, a bad appointment by the club, I expect their new owner wanted a certain style of play which was why they brought him in, but the championship is not the place to try that, you need proven managers at that level, even Benitez (thought of as a world class manager by many) is struggling to get Newcastle over the finishing line, despite the budget they've had.

Another team owned by crooks who passed "The fit and proper" test.

Absolutely ludicrous appointment that was bound to fail from day one. They were overachieving under Rowett and actually only 3 points from the play offs. So they fire him and hire a serial failure as a manager. Deserve to be relegated hope it happens.

Lee Carsley would be daft to manage Birmingham City with the current owners.

Haha,he just cant retire can he?

Well,if you need a panic appointment/man for a crisis(and all sorts of other things......) then,i guess,Arry is the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.