Giddy signings

Tevez and Sergio for me.

Seeing Carlos mobbed at the Etihad and hugging Garry Cook still gives me tingles.

The Tevez thread was my first introduction to Bluemoon, too. SpursMad was the main ITK. I've been hooked ever since.

Tevez and Sergio for me.

Seeing Carlos mobbed at the Etihad and hugging Garry Cook still gives me tingles.

The Tevez thread was my first introduction to Bluemoon, too. SpursMad was the main ITK. I've been hooked ever since.

I’d forgot about that one. I loved anelka. Was a cut above most in that squad as much as I loved most of them. He had everything that a forward needed and he must look back on his career with some regret which when he’s played for Arsenal,Chelsea, Real Madrid and City must be crazy in itself.

That he came to city arguably in the prime of his career says a lot about where he was heading at that time. To be fair to him the first two seasons he was spot on and I did think after his first season a few clubs may have been in for him.

But yes that summer of 2002 was the nuts. Anelka/foe and distin was a cracking transfer window.
It was - all three were probably good enough to play for the current City team which is some compliment

Ian Bishop first time around was very exciting given his magnificent performance for Bournemouth in the 3-3 draw at Maine Road just a few weeks before.
One scouser that is a really decent fella and pretty good player to boot. Was gutted when Kendall got rid of him.

Too old for this. Than again loads of older bastards on here being giddy, so I afford myself a top 5 from long ago to recently:
Steve Daley (that should’ve learned me not to be giddy)
Trevor Francis
… than a long long period of hardly any giddiness…
Nicolas Anelka
Carlos Tevez
And the latest being Kevin de Bruyne

To be fair, I could have made a top 20. Too giddy too soon.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Anelka yet!

That was huge and signing him was a proper coup at the time. After hearing we were in for him I kept expecting that to fall through.

He did well for us, stayed committed and probably did as well as he could.
Good shout, forgot about him tbh.

He was a world class talent and scored some great goals for us, the goal at anfield stands out and the one at Blackburn was top notch.

Not a really spectacular time being a City fan in 87ish but the signing of Paul Stewart got me pretty giddy at the time.
Knew where the onion bag was and I was gutted when we sold him to spurs.

Oh yes and he's Mrs Kippax's 2nd cousin

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.