Gig Economy/Side hussle Tax crackdown

As if hmrc has the staff to investigate Sharon selling a top on vinted.
They couldn't even be arsed to contact me when I let my Ltd company fold during covid.
Apparently £36m budget and 24 full time staff recruited as part of it. Also though estimated 4M people in the bracket they are looking at. So would be 165k people for each member of staff to investigate. So unless the tech is too notch I’d agree it would be difficult for them to police

The usual tory policy of going after the little man…….
Woman at work has just been done for undervaluing the rent she charges to a friend who claims housing benefit.

Literally saved the government hundreds of pounds per month in housing benefit they didn't have to pay (she could have charged the tennant more, who would have claimed more benefits for it)... But instead, she "hasn't paid enough tax" compared to what she would have paid if she'd charged correct market value.

They've gone back years for it, and one of the years they have said she owed them less than £50. It would have literally costs them more to investigate and find out that she owed them that.

Yet they were probably giving each other high fives in the office cos they'd "won" and, like you say, beat the little (wo)man

Don’t worry the bankers will still get their unlimited bonuses!! The cap will be lifted next week.
I’m certain the NHS workers and every other ordinary working class person will also get uncapped bonuses!! Oops they don’t even get a bonus do they. :-(
They probably won’t even get a pay rise. But the rich will get richer and the poor poorer!

Apologies, rant over. Feeling the pinch tonight. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.