Giggs comments on City's chances next year

NewbBlue said:
Manchester United midfielder Ryan Giggs has cautioned Manchester City to expect backlash if they don’t finish in the top four of the Premier League this season.

City have once again splurged in the transfer market this summer, spending £77 million on midfielders Yaya Toure and David Silva, and defenders Jerome Boateng and Aleksander Kolarov.

In addition, Roberto Mancini is still looking to add Aston Villa starlet James Milner and Wolfsburg hitman Edin Dzeko before the season begins.

Giggs believes that City must back up all of their spending by qualifying for the Champions League at the very least or face ridicule for not taking advantage of their extravagant spending.

"I think with the players they've acquired over the last two years, that's probably the minimum target," Giggs told The Mirror.

"They came close last year, so they'll be looking to improve each season, just like all the top teams.

"It's a similar scenario to last season really. City have got so many talented players that, if they gel as a team, they'll be a force. If they don't, then obviously it could be a frustrating season for them and they'll probably get a little bit of stick.

The United legend believes that City can compete for the Premier League title if they come together as a team, but he is more concerned with the Red Devils.

"If they gel as a team, like they proved in games last year, they can beat anyone. But like all of us, it's trying to get that consistency.

“Last season, they got Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor, both of whom are quality players, and Robinho before them. So they've been attracting players over the last two years.

"But I don't really take any notice of what City are doing, the same as any other team. If they get a run together, if they get that consistency all teams need, then they'll be a force, and no-one knows yet if they're going to do that."

Well why are you talking about us then you prick. Jog on Grandad

Some truly sensitive posters on here... have no problem with what he says... in fact he is actually talking positive about us.... all he says really is what many of us have been saying since the take over... we need a team that gel together... skill and talent is there... what our team need is TIME and a few seasons under the belt and we will win the league... but it takes time to gel... not just a few games...

what else would he say,hes one of slurs major bumboys,great footballer but the personality of a wet fart,his tv interviews with his mono tone voice zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wake me up.

Didn't sound too arrogant till he contradicted himself at the end: ''I dont really take any notice of City'' yet you're doing an interview about us, good one Sheepsh...sorry, Ryan *waves hand in the air plastic rag style*

In the interest of journalistic balance,I'll wait with interest for their "rags are going bust very soon" interview with Mike Summerbee.

Anyone else think it'll happen?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.