Gio Kinkladze Documentary

I watched him home and away for 2 seasons, for every good game there would be 3-4 games of nothing.

In a vast majority of away games he was the invisible man in reality.

There is no hate, just the realisation of a hugely overrated player.
Youll never convince me he wasnt a joy at times amongst a sea of mediocrity

Here's the shirt he scored TAHT wonderful solo effort in against Southampton at Maine Road on 16th March 1996.

Notice the repair stitching job to the right of the Umbro logo after Gio’s shirt had been torn in a earlier fixture that season and simply sewn back up giving this shirt great provenance.

gioshirt2.jpg

Absolutely!

I remember the away game at Oxford in particular. I was watching from the home team main sponsors box (actually just a shed with butties), when Gio put on a masterclass.
His ability to change direction was simply epic. Had the defenders all over the shop.

Absolutely!

I remember the away game at Oxford in particular. I was watching from the home team main sponsors box (actually just a shed with butties), when Gio put on a masterclass.
His ability to change direction was simply epic. Had the defenders all over the shop.

Yes just incredible. I remember the commentator saying something along the lines of ‘and kinkladze is marked by two defenders….bye bye’ which summed his dribbling and ball control, an absolute joy to watch. Would love the full video of that match

He was fantastic mate. Course he had bad days, you could drop David Silva, KDB or any player in that side as they would have suffered similar levels of despair, despondency and the difficulty of playing within a side with players on a completely different wavelength, Guy was an absolute joy to watch.

People forget players like KDB, Sterling, Silva were not to a similar standard in a Pellegrini side in comparison to Peps side, let alone playing for a club in freefall as a 21 year old, miles from home and without the assistance players get now or the access technology gives you to family and friends.

He was fantastic mate. Course he had bad days, you could drop David Silva, KDB or any player in that side as they would have suffered similar levels of despair, despondency and the difficulty of playing within a side with players on a completely different wavelength, Guy was an absolute joy to watch.

People forget players like KDB, Sterling, Silva were not to a similar standard in a Pellegrini side in comparison to Peps side, let alone playing for a club in freefall as a 21 year old, miles from home and without the assistance players get now or the access technology gives you to family and friends.
As i said , ill never understand the hate. But youll find supporters who didnt rate him dont like ‘fancy dans’ and prefer workers. Just the way their brain works.

Also, in contrast to dropping a KDB into the shite side we were then, drop a kinky into todays side. See the difference

One of me favourite City players. When we as a family couldn't afford Sky we could watch the City matches just to watch Kinkladze and a bit of Rosler. Everyone would be talking about him who had watched the match.

He was way ahead of his team mates, they weren't even on the same wavelength at times.

I think if he was in today's City team he would have added more to his locker and timed his adventurous runs

I remember him going to Ajax and Derby but can't remember him playing as well unfortunately

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.