Gio....

was overated. Not what we needed in a relegation fight and refused to pass the ball.

It's okay, I'm prepared.

knight-armor_14664.jpg

Damocles said:
was overated. Not what we needed in a relegation fight and refused to pass the ball.

It's okay, I'm prepared.

knight-armor_14664.jpg

Damocles! The thing is with that train of thought though mate, Royle refused to play him for THAT run in and then bowed to fan pressure and played him against QPR in the last home game of the season. Within seconds he had us 1-0 up with a bit of magic and the player who you would think was suited to a relegation fight decides to score one of the best/worst own goals in the history of man. We'd have won that game if it wasn't for Pollock and Margetson.

It's all by the by now but I'm still of the opinion that Gio could have produced enough moments of magic to avoid the drop that season.

Fuck it though. If we hadn't have gone down we wouldn't have experienced Wembley '99. I loved that man though. I hated most of that team bar him, to the point where I carefully cut him out of the team photo before burning the rest of the fuckers in the back yard after coming home after that Friday night Huddersfield defeat. In my defence, I'd been drinking quite heavily.

m27 said:
Damocles said:

It's okay, I'm prepared.

knight-armor_14664.jpg

Damocles! The thing is with that train of thought though mate, Royle refused to play him for THAT run in and then bowed to fan pressure and played him against QPR in the last home game of the season. Within seconds he had us 1-0 up with a bit of magic and the player who you would think was suited to a relegation fight decides to score one of the best/worst own goals in the history of man. We'd have won that game if it wasn't for Pollock and Margetson.

It's all by the by now but I'm still of the opinion that Gio could have produced enough moments of magic to avoid the drop that season.

Fuck it though. If we hadn't have gone down we wouldn't have experienced Wembley '99. I loved that man though. I hated most of that team bar him, to the point where I carefully cut him out of the team photo before burning the rest of the fuckers in the back yard after coming home after that Friday night Huddersfield defeat. In my defence, I'd been drinking quite heavily.

Quality reply mate.

Jnr Kisby said:
You 'think' you love him?! Whats wrong with you, surely he deserves your absolute 100% commitement after what he did for us!
What, got us relegated twice?

(Pass us another suit of armour Damo)

Wheelsy said:
Jnr Kisby said:
You 'think' you love him?! Whats wrong with you, surely he deserves your absolute 100% commitement after what he did for us!

He carried the team on his own at times, especially that first season in the Premiership. One of the best invidual performances I have ever seen was at home to title contenders Newcastle, same against Villa and countless other games, shame the rest of them didn't contribute much along with the useless Alan Ball........Just glad I saw him play. My lad's first hero too, during some bleak days.

Wheelsy said:
Jnr Kisby said:

Yep. It was Gio's fault. Definitely not the bunch of wasters that Alan Ball and the other clueless c*nts decided to surround him with.

Sky Blue said:
Wheelsy said:

He carried the team on his own at times, especially that first season in the Premiership. One of the best invidual performances I have ever seen was at home to title contenders Newcastle, same against Villa and countless other games, shame the rest of them didn't contribute much along with the useless Alan Ball........Just glad I saw him play. My lad's first hero too, during some bleak days.

Although it wasn't in the Premiership, the 6-0 at home against Swindon sticks in the memory. He scored a Roberto Carlos style free kick, took the piss all game despite them trying to kick him off the park and then went off to a standing ovation from all the City fans and some of the Swindon fans.

He got 10/10 in the Sun on the Monday. I don't think I've seen that before.

Dannyctid said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvhBnKBohk

Yeh he was rubbish.

I could watch that all day long. Class.

One of those players that was just as quick with the ball as he was without it. He could beat a man from a standing start as well. Not many can do that. If he had a right foot he'd have been some player!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.