Girona - Post match Thread

He is a attacking central midfielder. Think Scholes, Lampard, Zidane, Zola, need I go on. He doesn't score anywhere near enough goals for a player of his ability.
Yet will still play more minutes (fitness permitting) than any other player in the squad. Take him out and we don't score as many goals full stop, even if it's not him scoring them.
Another season of proving people wrong beckons.

So many people want to get rid of Aguero and Silva just to fit in newer signings lol. Thats not gonna happen. Aguero still is our biggest goal threat and people wanna bench him? In Same time in every other thread they cry we dont have enough goals in our team ffs. And David ''reigning player of the year'' Silva is still our best player in possession and best playmaker in team. In a tough game against Brighton bus parkers, who scored winning goal and who assisted?

There will be time for Sterling, Sane, Bernardo ''8 goals in French league'' Silva and whoever we still have to lead the line, its not gonna be this year though. Then again if muppets get their wish we will be replacing starting 11 each transfer window, and next year they will want different starters.

Lol @ Robbieh he probably thinks Iniesta is shit player as well, not enough goals. But its useless arguing, Robbieh and co is gonna weep every game, while David is gonna be playing under Pep :D

Positives were Bravo and Mangala also Sterling and Foden played OK, the rest of them did themselves no favours , our play was predictable , slow and laborious we hardly tested their keeper in 90 minutes. Its was a friendly ,fringe players will benefit from game time and no one got injured , but don't think Pep learned anything he did'nt already know , Girona probably shaded it and they appeared to want it more , which is understandable in front of a full house at home. Thankfully our 1st team including Jesus,Merlin,Walker,Kun,KDB,Ederson,Mendy,Vinny,Otto,Dinho will all be available for "the peoples club" on Monday.

That is true but deep down he knows he is a poor finisher, as we can all see, and he therefore passes rather than takes on the responsibility.
Yet he's in the top 5 of all time Spanish goal scorers.

So many people want to get rid of Aguero and Silva just to fit in newer signings lol. Thats not gonna happen. Aguero still is our biggest goal threat and people wanna bench him? In Same time in every other thread they cry we dont have enough goals in our team ffs. And David ''reigning player of the year'' Silva is still our best player in possession and best playmaker in team. In a tough game against Brighton bus parkers, who scored winning goal and who assisted?

There will be time for Sterling, Sane, Bernardo ''8 goals in French league'' Silva and whoever we still have to lead the line, its not gonna be this year though. Then again if muppets get their wish we will be replacing starting 11 each transfer window.

Lol @ Robbieh he probably thinks Iniesta is shit player as well, not enough goals. But its useless arguing, Robbieh and co is gonna weep every game, while David is gonna be playing under Pep :D

The way of the modern world. Hyperbole.

I don't think DS is shit. He is in the top 10 all time City players. Just pointed out he is a poor finisher. In fact had he been a good one he'd have been up there with Messi.

Not convinced by a back 3. By the end of the season I think Pep will have realised that. In addition I think he will give up on Kun. And there will only be one Silva in the side, Bernardo..

....................... Ederson
Walker.. Kompany.. Otamendi.. Mendy
........................ Yaya
Sterling...... Bernardo.. KDB...... Sane
....................... Jesús

This is simply terrible line up. If you cant see that then there is no hope for you. Not convinced by back 3 so you change it to Kompany(lets hope hes fit at least) and Otamendi (whos been like rock lol?). Then you put old man Yaya(even older now) without legs to protect already ''spectacular'' defense that was by far our weakest link last few years. And to top it off you take away our best ball keeping player in Silva. Put in more forward going player (Bernardo), Silva/Bernardo is like Iniesta/Neymar (just to get idea that they are different players). Put 2 wide players who wont contribute shit in possession. Every decent team will overrun that midfield while laughing. And icing on the cake is benching our best goal scorer, in a team that lacks goals. Simply superb, If i could I would hand you a medal.

Btw Bernardo was tragic today, lost ball more times than he touched it. We could pull Joey Barton out of coma and he would have a better game. Yes lets start him against Everton instead of Silva lol

Hope all is well with Sane as he looked disinterested on Saturday, reluctant to take on the right back (who I thought was seagull's mom). I was stood near the corner so was quite noticeable. Then today flashes but kicking the ball away unnecessarily numerous times when it was dead? Hope he's just ring rusty and there nothing else. Not sure many starters today will do so on Monday and he was one of them?

How did a discussion on this glorified PR exercise become a debate on whether we should bench our two best players?

Hope people aren't taking the result or the way we played too heavily. It was a friendly situated between two important league games. Nothing more.

Glad to get away with no injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.