Girona Thread - 2023/24

NikT

Team supported
Man City
What happens if Girona qualifies for CL next season? Will an exception be made because I know only one club per owner is allowed in the Champions League.

I don't have enough posts yet to start a thread and I was unable to find another one on the issue, but how does everyone feel about whether or not CFG has been successful (however one chooses to define success)? There seems to have been an expectation that Girona would provide a valuable means to test and develop younger players who were not ready for regular first team minutes. That hasn't really happened so that even now that Girona is having its greatest success, there seems to be little interest in their results. Are Girona and the other CFG owned sides profitable? Have they helped to build the City brand worldwide in some tangible, measurable way. I have lived and worked in or around the NYC area for 30 years but spent lived in or around Philadelphia for the first 20 years of my life. NYCFC, whose training facility is 10 minutes down the road from me, is the only NYC sports franchise that I have even considered supporting so I guess that's something.

I don't have enough posts yet to start a thread and I was unable to find another one on the issue, but how does everyone feel about whether or not CFG has been successful (however one chooses to define success)? There seems to have been an expectation that Girona would provide a valuable means to test and develop younger players who were not ready for regular first team minutes. That hasn't really happened so that even now that Girona is having its greatest success, there seems to be little interest in their results. Are Girona and the other CFG owned sides profitable? Have they helped to build the City brand worldwide in some tangible, measurable way. I have lived and worked in or around the NYC area for 30 years but spent lived in or around Philadelphia for the first 20 years of my life. NYCFC, whose training facility is 10 minutes down the road from me, is the only NYC sports franchise that I have even considered supporting so I guess that's something.
I don't think the intention with CFG is to just benefit city. There will be a plan for them all to be successful in their own right. Nobody will be expecting girona to win la liga but there will be an aim for them to be as high up the table as possible for their own benefit and if that somehow helps city then that's just a happy coincidence.

I don't have enough posts yet to start a thread and I was unable to find another one on the issue, but how does everyone feel about whether or not CFG has been successful (however one chooses to define success)?
Melbourne, Mumbai, New York and ourselves have all won league titles.
They are all separate entities with the CFG group.
I can't see much there being much chance of a connection between teams in Brazil, India , USA or Australia.

CFG plan to develop a whole block to house the new NY City
stadium. Restaurants, a hotel, shops etc. They will invest £850m or thereabouts.
They are also planning an IPO of £900m ish, though they haven‘t said what it’s for.
CFG is a juggernaut.

they are playing good football and winning, maybe they can challenge for an european spot but its very early. Good stuff though, a lot of people are starting to watch them closely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.