Girona Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're obviously not going to win the league but champions league is always up for grabs behind the big spanish 3, having a 10 point gap over 5th already is a great basis for them to go from.

From our point of view, having them in champions league would be great if we make the most of our partnership, we could have some top prospects go there before potentially coming to us.

If we cannot sell phillips this winter or get a loan with a cast iron obligation to buy, I dont see why we wouldn't loan him to Girona assuming they can accomodate him. Has to be a better option for us than loaning him to another team and that would be a higher level than phillips has ever played at before coming here.

To be honest mate and not to shit on Kalvin he'd struggle to get in that team, their midfield is fucking brilliant

Be interesting when we play them in UCL next season
It think it gives city football group a bit of a problem. I'm not sure what the uefa % ownership rule is to make things awkward. They might need to sell some shares. I bet they're hoping it happens though could be big bucks for them

Aleix Garcia becoming the best midfielder in Spain is such an insane story. The guy was playing in the Romanian second tier after being released, and he failed there!

100% the only reason that he's still in top level football is because Pep or Pere Guardiola or someone from City persuaded Girona to take a punt on him based on his dozen games for Pep back in 2016/2017.

It think it gives city football group a bit of a problem. I'm not sure what the uefa % ownership rule is to make things awkward. They might need to sell some shares. I bet they're hoping it happens though could be big bucks for them
Wasn’t there an issue with RB Salzburg & RB Leipzig both qualifying for the CL recently? Can’t recall how it was eventually resolved though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.