Girona Thread - 2023/24

I was going to mention him. Great going forward, and in tight spaces. As the commentators mentioned, Spain have quite a number of talented LB’s coming through
We’re signing that Argentinian ginger lad aren’t we?

We need to have their manager on a retainer too for when Pep finally calls it a day.

They are phenomenal to watch.

The current and ex city players were all great, id bring them all back to City if possible, maybe not Eric Garcia.

The current and ex city players were all great, id bring them all back to City if possible, maybe not Eric Garcia
I wonder how CFG are viewing this.
Its looking like Girona should get champions league football and possibly be crowned LaLiga champions.

Would the CFG group be happy to see several of their stars leaving, whether it is to ourselves or other top European teams?

Having built up the club, I'd prefer them to retain as many as possible and build the team even further.
They have 3 on loan that I am aware of, Couto, Eric Garcia and Savinho.
These are going to have to be replaced and if they lose the likes of Yangel Herrera and Eric Garcia, they won't have too many players left.

We’re signing that Argentinian ginger lad aren’t we?

We need to have their manager on a retainer too for when Pep finally calls it a day.
Has that been confirmed? I don’t keep up to date with transfer until a video of some sort of said player in a shirt is released.

I wonder how CFG are viewing this.
Its looking like Girona should get champions league football and possibly be crowned LaLiga champions.

Would the CFG group be happy to see several of their stars leaving, whether it is to ourselves or other top European teams?

Having built up the club, I'd prefer them to retain as many as possible and build the team even further.
They have 3 on loan that I am aware of, Couto, Eric Garcia and Savinho.
These are going to have to be replaced and if they lose the likes of Yangel Herrera and Eric Garcia, they won't have too many players left.
All Girona fans expect significant exits this summer. Actually, there was a surprising low number of important sales this past transfer window.

Still, we are the best team in Spain atm, lol.

Last edited:
Seriously eyecatching result. A title for them would eclipse leicesters title but Champions league football is all that matters for them long term and they're now 12 points clear of 5th.

If they are in the champions league next season, aside from being amazing for them, that could seriously elevate the importance of the cfg to city.

Being able to attract top talents to Girona first where they're playing at the highest level and can develop with the clear and easy pathway to come to city shortly after is potentially an amazing advantage for us and will no doubt bring in an abundance of crying from other clubs just to make it sweeter still.

We should be taking full advantage of it if it happens. First and foremost we make sure they do not sell anybody to any potential rival of ours when they come sniffing, i guarantee arsenal and arteta will be doing just that and also dont let any of the big boys from Spain or europe strip girona of all their talent, they need to be left with a squad capable of establishing themselves at the top regularly .

if there is anybody good enough for us, and we bring them in or even if we just bring one of the loanees back and have them in thr first team it would show the progression pathway is there and real for anybody considering going there.

need to ensure Girona themselves aren't weakened too much from any movement though, they deserve their own success and shouldnt be there just to serve us, needs to be a two way benefit relstionship, make sure they get the best loans we can offer them.

If they are in the champions league next season, aside from being amazing for them, that could seriously elevate the importance of the cfg to city.
If they are, i doubt if CFG will allow any preference to us over Girona.
Champions ( or top 4 in LaLiga) is not to be sniffed at.
I could see a lot of investment going their way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.