Girona Thread - 2023/24

Bollocks, after today I need a new team, Chelsea are shite and the shirt doesn't fit anymore, Newcastle are another 3 years off the real deal and Villa are a flash in the pan.
Fuck it, from now on, I'm supporting Hirona. (I believe that is the Spanish pronunciation)

Bollocks, after today I need a new team, Chelsea are shite and the shirt doesn't fit anymore, Newcastle are another 3 years off the real deal and Villa are a flash in the pan.
Fuck it, from now on, I'm supporting Hirona. (I believe that is the Spanish pronunciation)

Nope it's more like Zerona. Confusing Catalans with their regional pronunciations. Almost as bad as the Welsh.

The correct pronunciation in catalan is the following:
The Gi in Girona is pronounced like the ji in "jiggle" .
The ro is kinda like the "rough" in "borough" . But all o, not ow. Like the first "o" in "moreover" .
The na is an "n" followed by an "e" like in "the".

In Spanish, the city Girona is called Gerona.
The Ge is Spanish J followed by the first vowel sound you use in "take" (te - ik)
The ro is the same.
The na is like the "na" in "natal".

The correct pronunciation in catalan is the following:
The Gi in Girona is pronounced like the ji in "jiggle" .
The ro is kinda like the "rough" in "borough
Thanslks for that but how do you pronounce
" Afganitia" ?

I hope you realise that we're not sure if Kevin is De Brien or De Broon

and no one cared whether Cancelo was a right back or a left back.
Our main concern was whether he was Can Chello or Can Sello.

Thanslks for that but how do you pronounce
" Afganitia" ?

I hope you realise that we're not sure if Kevin is De Brien or De Broon

and no one cared whether Cancelo was a right back or a left back.
Our main concern was whether he was Can Chello or Can Sello.
1. Like Afganistán but changing the ending ;)
2. Absolutely understandable. I dunno if you follow the nba, but I heard the other day the actual pronunciation of Antetokoumpo and I was flabbergasted.

PD: Also, I think De Bruyne it's around "the bro-ne", but any Dutch feel free to correct me.

1. Like Afganistán but changing the ending ;)
2. Absolutely understandable. I dunno if you follow the nba, but I heard the other day the actual pronunciation of Antetokoumpo and I was flabbergasted.

PD: Also, I think De Bruyne it's around "the bro-ne", but any Dutch feel free to correct me.
When I hear KDB pronouncing his name as it would be in Belgium, the end bit sounds most like the English word “earner”.

so Kevin de Br-earner, with a slightly rolled R.

Play Alaves at home in an hour. Be interesting to see how they do without Tsygankov, he’s injured. Smash ‘em up lads!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.