Giudetti

bluebannana said:
it doesnt give the acadmemy kids much hope if he isnt given a chance and is sold.

Inclined to agree, especially if he's sacrificed for an overpaid crock (RVP) or an ageing mercenary (Ibra)

Matt the Giant said:
bluebannana said:
it doesnt give the acadmemy kids much hope if he isnt given a chance and is sold.

I don't think it would have a negative effect at all.

Kids will feel lucky to attend the best and most advanced youth academy there is, and when they see players such as Guidetti making it, I don't think it matters where he ends up, as long as he turns pro and make a lot of money.

There might be a very few, who will feel unconditionally loyal to Manchester City, and kudos to them and all, but chances are they will have a future somewhere else than here with us.

The academy is a school, the best there is, so any young kid who dreams of becoming a pro who has supportive families will die to get in there.

It's a good business model as well, we keep the very very few who turns out be be good enough for us, and we sell those who don't quite make it for a decent amount.

the thing is though he is good enough for us. Its all well and good saying the academey is an international thing to make players pro, but the main aim of it is to produce players that end up in our team. Hes gonna end up probably being one of the best strikers in europe scoring for other competing teams, ofcourse it matters were gonna lose one of the best youth players in europe right now.

The Fat el Hombre said:
bluebannana said:

Inclined to agree, especially if he's sacrificed for an overpaid crock (RVP) or an ageing mercenary (Ibra)
Agreed also. What sort of message does it send to the academy players that you can represent your country at senior level, be one of the top goal scorers on loan to a decent league and yet you won't even get runs out for city and we'll be happy just to sell you on.

Guidetti has scored for fun at every level he has played at, for him not to get a chance in our side for a season would just be saying to all the academy players that "you might as well not bother as we'll never promote academy players, we'll just buy in world superstars for every position including backups."

It's a different matter when you've gone out on loan to a championship (or lower) side and only just managed to do 'OK'. There's an argument there that if you're not showing real class (even if young) playing at a sub-PL level then you probably aren't going to be good enough for City's squad. The bar for the academy is now so high that unless the loaned youngsters demonstrate real european/PL potential whilst on loan they will, unfortunately for them, be sold on. They need to be forcing their way into 1st team squads over established pro's whilst on loan.

I wonder how many of Barca/Real Madrid youngsters end up elsewhere, that's the fact of what it takes to make the City squad from the academy nowadays.

bluebannana said:
Matt the Giant said:
bluebannana said:

Kids will feel lucky to attend the best and most advanced youth academy there is, and when they see players such as Guidetti making it, I don't think it matters where he ends up, as long as he turns pro and make a lot of money.

There might be a very few, who will feel unconditionally loyal to Manchester City, and kudos to them and all, but chances are they will have a future somewhere else than here with us.

The academy is a school, the best there is, so any young kid who dreams of becoming a pro who has supportive families will die to get in there.

It's a good business model as well, we keep the very very few who turns out be be good enough for us, and we sell those who don't quite make it for a decent amount.

the thing is though he is good enough for us. Its all well and good saying the academey is an international thing to make players pro, but the main aim of it is to produce players that end up in our team. Hes gonna end up probably being one of the best strikers in europe scoring for other competing teams, ofcourse it matters were gonna lose one of the best youth players in europe right now.

You don't know for sure that he is good enough for us or that he's going to be one of the best strikers in Europe. That is a crazy statement to make. There is nothing Guidetti has done in his career to prove anyhing like that.

He looks like someone who MAY stand a chance of being a quality striker. He now needs to continue that form & improve on it. At the moment, he is nowhere near as good as any of our 4 strikers.

If Mancini thinks he is capable of reaching anything like the standard you are suggesting, he will fight tooth & nail to keep him at the club, probably loan him out for another season, then bring him back & play him. We have heard Mancini's views on letting Sturridge go. He won't do the same thing with a player who is better.

Imo, Guidetti may fall short of Premier League standard, but he is a hard working lad, so could improve his abilities to make up for the lack of pace which is his biggest weakness.

Neville Kneville said:
bluebannana said:
Matt the Giant said:

You don't know for sure that he is good enough for us or that he's going to be one of the best strikers in Europe. That is a crazy statement to make. There is nothing Guidetti has done in his career to prove anyhing like that.

He looks like someone who MAY stand a chance of being a quality striker. He now needs to continue that form & improve on it. At the moment, he is nowhere near as good as any of our 4 strikers.

If Mancini thinks he is capable of reaching anything like the standard you are suggesting, he will fight tooth & nail to keep him at the club, probably loan him out for another season, then bring him back & play him. We have heard Mancini's views on letting Sturridge go. He won't do the same thing with a player who is better.

Imo, Guidetti may fall short of Premier League standard, but he is a hard working lad, so could improve his abilities to make up for the lack of pace which is his biggest weakness.

I think his stats artifically hype him. How many of those 20 were pens?

Afonso Alves hit something risiculous like 38 in 34 or something crazy and was fucking atrocious for Middlesborough.

Babel was a world beater at Ajax as was Huntelaar.

If we get £10mill for him I'd be happy, it woudl be nice to see how he gets on for us but if he's injury prone likely and arrogant then cashing in sounds good.

I agree, I read somewhere that the academies main purpose were to secure futures in football for the players who attend them and if not find alternative employment. First and foremost City will have the pick of the bunch so to speak but because we have raised the bar so high it will be the exception rather than the rule they will go in the first team squad. But sucess I believe is that Guidetti and his fellow academy players who don't make the grade at City have a wonderful life playing professional footbal for another club. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

NipHolmes said:
Neville Kneville said:
bluebannana said:

I think his stats artifically hype him. How many of those 20 were pens?

Afonso Alves hit something risiculous like 38 in 34 or something crazy and was fucking atrocious for Middlesborough.

Babel was a world beater at Ajax as was Huntelaar.

If we get £10mill for him I'd be happy, it woudl be nice to see how he gets on for us but if he's injury prone likely and arrogant then cashing in sounds good.

The best thing about Guidetti imo is his absolute desire to improve & to be a top striker. He works on it all the time.

If you have a reasonable amount of talent & an attitude like that, you have a chance. Whether that can get him a job at a club like City though, is another question, but we've seen Zabba go from an average to a top player because of his sheer will to improve.

I'll trust Mancini, Kiddo etc to make that judgement.

bluebannana said:
Matt the Giant said:
bluebannana said:

I agree that it is nice to have kids coming through te academy, but they do have to be good enough, and I am not sure on what basis you can crediby claim that he is probably going to be one of the best strikers in Europe? How many full matches have you actually seen him play? Not forgetting that scoring lots of goals in the Dutch league is something which in recent times the likes of Samares and Alves (went to Boro) have done

BringBackSwales said:
bluebannana said:
Matt the Giant said:

I agree that it is nice to have kids coming through te academy, but they do have to be good enough, and I am not sure on what basis you can crediby claim that he is probably going to be one of the best strikers in Europe? How many full matches have you actually seen him play? Not forgetting that scoring lots of goals in the Dutch league is something which in recent times the likes of Samares and Alves (went to Boro) have done

Feyenoord were on ESPN every other week last season, some of his performances were exceptional, not least Ajax at home, Vitesse at home and Waalwijk away. He can definitely make the jump to become the main man for certain premier league clubs on loan next season, or alternatively, he's good enough to be our fourth choice striker should Dzeko leave and Tevez is sold. He shows all the qualities to become a top striker in 90% of his performances; links up the play well, good dribbler, strong, great awareness, excellent finisher etc..

Joehannes said:
BringBackSwales said:
bluebannana said:

Feyenoord were on ESPN every other week last season, some of his performances were exceptional, not least Ajax at home, Vitesse at home and Waalwijk away. He can definitely make the jump to become the main man for certain premier league clubs on loan next season, or alternatively, he's good enough to be our fourth choice striker should Dzeko leave and Tevez is sold. He shows all the qualities to become a top striker in 90% of his performances; links up the play well, good dribbler, strong, great awareness, excellent finisher etc..

I saw plenty of those games & whilst he did very very well, he didn't look anywhere even close to the level of our strikers. Dzeko would score 70 goals v those defences. If we want 4 strikers of equal level then he's not good enough. If we're happy to have 3 plus a wild card, then he could get a shirt.

I think another loan move at a higher level is what he needs. Then we can decide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.