Giuseppe Rossi

pudge

How unlucky can you get?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rossi suffers cruciate repeat

Italian striker sidelined for six months

Villarreal have confirmed that Giuseppe Rossi has suffered another cruciate knee ligament injury and is set for a further six months on the sidelines.

The Italy international was only just returning to full fitness after damaging his right knee in October.

Now, in training, he has suffered a repeat of the injury and is set to undergo surgery in the coming days.

Villarreal confirmed on their website that Rossi had suffered the injury, which means he will now miss Euro 2012 with Italy.

Poor lad, injuries are going to ruin him at this rate.

On another note, really opens the door Mario for their Euro 2012

Saw that earlier. Was really hoping he could lead the line with Balo/Cassano this summer. Huge setback for him.

blink922 said:
Saw that earlier. Was really hoping he could lead the line with Balo/Cassano this summer. Huge setback for him.

Can't see Cassano going, he's missed most of the season due to health problems. Italy do not have a lot of quality and depth to choose from with regards to strikers at the moment!

It's injuries like these that could easily lead to depression. Imagine being out for six months, not being able to do what you love, and you are nearly back to full fitness, morale getting higher by the day, then It happens again. I think I am mentally weak anyway but I'd be absolutely gutted, I'd feel like just giving up.

Mayor West said:
It's injuries like these that could easily lead to depression. Imagine being out for six months, not being able to do what you love, and you are nearly back to full fitness, morale getting higher by the day, then It happens again. I think I am mentally weak anyway but I'd be absolutely gutted, I'd feel like just giving up.

Im sure he is so depressed to be having thousands and thousands of £'s deposited in his account every week. ;)

Seriously though, he seems like he has a great head on his shoulders. Humble guy too. He will be fine IMO. Gutted I'm sure, but fine.

my heart goes out to him, its an nightmare.
I ruptured my ACL and got it operated on, did the rehab, got back playing and then did the other one 18 months later. At least he's not on the NHS and losing money for not working though. I'm still having problems now, only last Thursday I had another op to remove a screw they put in that had come loose. Two op's on each knee now, not played for 7 years, I'll be lucky if I can have a kickabout with my two young sons at this rate.

Mario to score the winner in the Euro final and show his "why always me" tee-shirt off?

Followed United reserves for a while and this lad was a class abovea anything else on the pitch. Surprised he never got his chance at United. One that got away.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm --<br /><br />
charliebigspuds said:
I ruptured my ACL and got it operated on, did the rehab, got back playing and then did the other one 18 months later. At least he's not on the NHS and losing money for not working though. I'm still having problems now, only last Thursday I had another op to remove a screw they put in that had come loose. Two op's on each knee now, not played for 7 years, I'll be lucky if I can have a kickabout with my two young sons at this rate.

Mario to score the winner in the Euro final and show his "why always me" tee-shirt off?

Done it once,mate. Epidural for the op. Very weird seeing your own leg waved about without feeling it. Feels fairly strong now. Just the heart and the lungs that needs replacing now.

friend said:
Followed United reserves for a while and this lad was a class abovea anything else on the pitch. Surprised he never got his chance at United. One that got away.

-- Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm --

charliebigspuds said:

Done it once,mate. Epidural for the op. Very weird seeing your own leg waved about without feeling it. Feels fairly strong now. Just the heart and the lungs that needs replacing now.

TBH mate I was lucky, I never had a bad injury and I was 30 when I did my first one so by the time I did my second at 33 I couldn't really moan about hanging them up, I could have tried to play on but I'd gone through a lot of shit on two separate occasions. My knee's aren't great now, I cycle to work everyday to keep my legs going but 7 years on have taken their toll and I nearly always have aching in my knees, its not really bad but it probably won't get any better!

SilvaLining said:
blink922 said:

Can't see Cassano going, he's missed most of the season due to health problems. Italy do not have a lot of quality and depth to choose from with regards to strikers at the moment!

I haven't heard anything about Cassano's progress lately so you're likely right. In that case the striking options will probably be Balo, Matri, Pazzini and Giovinco. Balo really needs to step up for Italy to have a shot because we can't rely at all on the other three. Rossi is a big loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.