"Give Eastlands It's Kippax" Update - Meeting Planned

exiled in munich said:
Kippaxian said:
I thought the Away Fans stood to my left as I was facing the pitch when standing on the Kippax? Near to the Platt Lane end?

sorry you are right, it's been so long, they were next to what would become the new scoreboard...... was it rainy corner when we were trying to bump up the capacity before the move to COMS

erm wrong again, where was this rainy corner place? you surely mean windy corner? you know the same windy corner that you seem to think housed the away fans in the cage, strong stuff that german lager

gaz76 said:
exiled in munich said:
sorry you are right, it's been so long, they were next to what would become the new scoreboard...... was it rainy corner when we were trying to bump up the capacity before the move to COMS

erm wrong again, where was this rainy corner place? you surely mean windy corner? you know the same windy corner that you seem to think housed the away fans in the cage, strong stuff that german lager

nah, I'm on the weisbeer!!!!! I do remember us squeezing some seats below the scoreboard maybe not rainy or whatever corner but there were definitely a couple of rows of seats there. The away fans were definitely next to the Platt Lane stand, at the time the Platt Lane used to have park benches to sit on, not individual seats. Just got my stands mixed up, blame age, grey hair and weisbeer (paulaner)

exiled in munich said:
gaz76 said:

nah, I'm on the weisbeer!!!!! I do remember us squeezing some seats below the scoreboard maybe not rainy or whatever corner but there were definitely a couple of rows of seats there. The away fans were definitely next to the Platt Lane stand, at the time the Platt Lane used to have park benches to sit on, not individual seats. Just got my stands mixed up, blame age, grey hair and weisbeer (paulaner)

hahaha, ok matey here goes, when they knocked the kippax down and put up the new shiny seated kippax up, they then realised that the capacity was'nt enough, so they put temporary stands at each end of the shiny new stand.

these pics should jog yer memory. <a class="postlink" href="http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.oldgrounds.co.uk/Maine10.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.oldgrounds.co.uk/maine_road_manchester_city.htm&usg=__kWbyGcfKPcBimaqpdWmqjdIe1Ac=&h=303&w=565&sz=43&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=1iegkhJFiXTshM:&tbnh=72&tbnw=134&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bkippax%2Bat%2Bmaine%2Broad%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1CHNH_en-GBGB325GB325%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... X%26um%3D1</a>

pepsi_dave said:
I've said it before, and people just seem to totally disregard out of hand my opinon.

The problem is NOT the position of the away fans, it is the design of the stadium.

Question: No one can deny that in the latter days of Maine Road the North Stand was the heart of the noise at the games...... where were the away fans at Maine Road???

Unless you are blind or retarded the answer will be "The North Stand".

With this in mind, you have to ask why there was an atmosphere there and not here? The "Kippax" is still the other side of the away fans, just like at MR.

The problem is the fact that the whole stand is split by making it two tiers. The whole first tier stands up and sings for large portions of the game, and as is my understanding, this is not the case on the second tier. I know a lot of people in that second tier who sit most games. The North Stand as I recall had the whole stand standing..... not the bottom half.

I am very confident that if the South Stand was all one tier, the atmopshere generated from that part of the ground would be greatly improved.

Moving the away fans WILL not solve the problem IMO. The only true solution is to redesign that part of the ground to make it into one tier.

Another solution, especially for cup games is to not allow the away fans to take over the south stand..... fuck them off to the 3rd tier or something if they want to bring more!!!! But don't allow them to force the majority of our "vocal" supporters to be spread out around the ground, as we have seen a few times this doesn't help with the atmosphere either.

Even if this proposal is agreed, I can forsee that the whole of the lower tier in the south stand may sing/chant etc, but the upper tier will change very little IMO.

As I have said, the only true solution is to completely redesign that part of the ground, make it all one tier, make it a bit steeper (this will make it look more intimidating ala The Kop/Stretford End etc) to try and recreate what was the North Stand..... or Kippax if you wish.
I agree with this but I will mention again there didn't seem to be any problem at the Hamburg game

the beast thing to do is join the two singing sections together where the aways fans go is not that big of a deal as the policeing of football matches is that good that it would nt be a problem or hold the away fans back for 10 or 20 minutes with the bars open it can easily be done theres hardly any trouble at the grounds these days

I really dont understand this campaign? Clearly everyone whos behind means well and wants to improve the atmosphere but once the kippax was all seating they hardly ever made any noise anyway. It all came from the North Stand.

Face facts,the modern coms going fan is too into their comfy seats and pizzas at half time to make any noise,the ones that do are frowned upon for non p.c songs when practicaly every song that got sung at maine road had m**ich in the title or was a bit iffy! Im not condoning those songs just stating facts.

Good luck with your campaign,i really hope its somehow makes the same people who go to the ground now suddenly decide to start singing but i really cant see it.

I hate the new stadium and everything that its brought with it,its a beautiful stadium but for some reason our fans just seem different in it.

I sit in 116 so the new proposal definitely gets a no from me, you seem worried about people in the north stand not being able to hear us, guess what, we couldn't give a fuck, we can hear well enough and have a good time, we are not there to entertain the boring bastards that moan about the atmosphere but do fuck all to change it. This moving people around is taking the piss now, the ground is settling down now as it is because everyone knows where to sit if they want to get involved. Stop trying to fuck with it and if you want a better atmosphere, then campaign to get other areas of the ground to raise their game instead of moaning at the only areas that create any atmosphere.

ChesterRdBlue said:
I sit in 116 so the new proposal definitely gets a no from me, you seem worried about people in the north stand not being able to hear us, guess what, we couldn't give a fuck, we can hear well enough and have a good time, we are not there to entertain the boring bastards that moan about the atmosphere but do fuck all to change it. This moving people around is taking the piss now, the ground is settling down now as it is because everyone knows where to sit if they want to get involved. Stop trying to fuck with it and if you want a better atmosphere, then campaign to get other areas of the ground to raise their game instead of moaning at the only areas that create any atmosphere.

It would be better if we shooted towards the south stand in the second half as well!!

pepsi_dave said:
I've said it before, and people just seem to totally disregard out of hand my opinon.

The problem is NOT the position of the away fans, it is the design of the stadium.

Question: No one can deny that in the latter days of Maine Road the North Stand was the heart of the noise at the games...... where were the away fans at Maine Road???

With this in mind, you have to ask why there was an atmosphere there and not here? The "Kippax" is still the other side of the away fans, just like at MR.

The problem is the fact that the whole stand is split by making it two tiers. The whole first tier stands up and sings for large portions of the game, and as is my understanding, this is not the case on the second tier. I know a lot of people in that second tier who sit most games. The North Stand as I recall had the whole stand standing..... not the bottom half.

I am very confident that if the South Stand was all one tier, the atmopshere generated from that part of the ground would be greatly improved.

Moving the away fans WILL not solve the problem IMO. The only true solution is to redesign that part of the ground to make it into one tier.

Another solution, especially for cup games is to not allow the away fans to take over the south stand..... fuck them off to the 3rd tier or something if they want to bring more!!!! But don't allow them to force the majority of our "vocal" supporters to be spread out around the ground, as we have seen a few times this doesn't help with the atmosphere either.

Even if this proposal is agreed, I can forsee that the whole of the lower tier in the south stand may sing/chant etc, but the upper tier will change very little IMO.

As I have said, the only true solution is to completely redesign that part of the ground, make it all one tier, make it a bit steeper (this will make it look more intimidating ala The Kop/Stretford End etc) to try and recreate what was the North Stand..... or Kippax if you wish.

==============

But only in the latter days... the away fans historically were to the left of the kippax, in a pen... and in the platt lane before that.... It was only when the new kippax was built that away fans were relocated to the north stand....

gaz76 said:
exiled in munich said:

NO HE'S NOT WRONG... Rainy corner was an old terrace between the Kippax and Platt Lane.. Windy corner was an old terrace between North Stand & Kippax...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.