Given to start tomorrow.

skillman

Sorry if this has already been posted!!

Roberto Mancini insists unsettled goalkeeper Shay Given will not be leaving Manchester City on the cheap in January.

Given has lost his place to Joe Hart this season and has admitted he may have to quit City when the transfer window reopens.

City boss Mancini suggested after his team's 2-0 win at Wigan Athletic on Sunday that he would be prepared to sanction the Republic of Irelandinternational's departure in the New Year.

However, Mancini has again stressed he is happy to keep the 34-year-old in his squad and has warned it will cost 'a lot of money' to sign the former Newcastle United shot-stopper.

Important

"I don't know, it depends on him," said Mancini on Sky Sports News when asked if it was inevitable Given would be leaving.

"I don't want to create another situation like on Sunday when I said that Shay can leave the club if he wants to leave the club.

"We have a good option because Shay is an important player and he will cost a lot of money for another club.

"If he stays, for me it is OK and Shay knows the situation."

Meanwhile, Given could make his first appearance of the season against West Bromin the Carling Cup on Wednesday providing he has overcome a toe injury.

Mancini added: "He had a problem with his toe. If he is OK today, he will play tomorrow."

To be honest i'm confident we will win tonight just because he will put in a world class performance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.