Giving at Christmas

WNRH

As we all know Christmas is really for kids and i am now in a situation where i don't have kids of my own at this moment in time and i only have niece and nephews. I live a comfortable life and so does my family and i have been thinking tonight about giving to those less fortunate rather than rushing round the trafford centre looking for some perfume for my Mum or getting a boxset for my Dad that he will never watch just to give them a present that we're all programmed to do at this time of year.

I know about the Mission Christmas that Key 103 do with the toys but the best thing for me about Christmas is the food and i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that would accept a Christmas dinner for a family who cannot afford it? I've looked online for food banks but they just seem to accept non perishable items rather than a Turkey crown and all the trimmings etc

@johnny on the spot will be giving hard this Christmas, very hard if his little cyber strumpet has anything to do with it.

Aside from that, you're making a very noble gesture. Fair play to you Blue, it's worth more than my cheap jokes about Jots.

@johnny on the spot will be giving hard this Christmas, very hard if his little cyber strumpet has anything to do with it.

Aside from that, you're making a very noble gesture. Fair play to you Blue, it's worth more than my cheap jokes about Jots.

Laugh it up, Sunbeam. Just imagine the Generation Game conveyor belt going into my arse.

I've found that not watching TV helps not getting sucked into the 6 week, every increasing hysteria the media whip the populace into around this time of year, the latest John Lewis ad gets more coverage than children's hospitals getting bombed FFS!
I might sound a little Bah Humbug, but I don't understand this frenzy people get into, half killing themselves to get presents for everyone that they don't really need ( or want)!
Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas, at Christmas, I have a stack of Christmas films lined up for the family, Die Hard, Bad Santa, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, and the kids will, get what the need ( and some of what the want) without putting me in debt upto my eyeballs for the rest of the year, but buying presents for the rest of my family, well, we came to an arrangement that as we live some distance away, buying, posting etc, was a waste of money, send us a card, save your money, spend it on your own kids, and say it was from us!
As I dabble in photography, I will be making little framed prints as gifts for friends and family, far more personal, and less likely to end up donated to charity, or in the bin,
I generally give one off donations to charities all through the year, but I will be making sure I give what I can to several this Christmas, taking my eldest who is 7, along to make a donation, making sure he understands that it's a good thing to do, to think of others, not to be selfish, and realise how lucky he really is.

Crisis runs a campaign every Christmas asking people to make a donation to fund a Christmas meal for a homeless person.

I've found that not watching TV helps not getting sucked into the 6 week, every increasing hysteria the media whip the populace into around this time of year, the latest John Lewis ad gets more coverage than children's hospitals getting bombed FFS!
I might sound a little Bah Humbug, but I don't understand this frenzy people get into, half killing themselves to get presents for everyone that they don't really need ( or want)!
Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas, at Christmas, I have a stack of Christmas films lined up for the family, Die Hard, Bad Santa, Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, and the kids will, get what the need ( and some of what the want) without putting me in debt upto my eyeballs for the rest of the year, but buying presents for the rest of my family, well, we came to an arrangement that as we live some distance away, buying, posting etc, was a waste of money, send us a card, save your money, spend it on your own kids, and say it was from us!
As I dabble in photography, I will be making little framed prints as gifts for friends and family, far more personal, and less likely to end up donated to charity, or in the bin,
I generally give one off donations to charities all through the year, but I will be making sure I give what I can to several this Christmas, taking my eldest who is 7, along to make a donation, making sure he understands that it's a good thing to do, to think of others, not to be selfish, and realise how lucky he really is.
"What did Uncle Bewar get you for Christmas Johnny?"

"It appears to be a picture of a tree covered in snow Dad."

"Tight fucker."

"Sorry?"

"Nothing Son, ooh look, that big present has your name on it."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.