Giving up drinking

Juan King

Has anyone on here successfully given up drinking alcohol altogether and have any advice or tips that they can share on how they did it?

Drink non-alcoholic beverages..
Get some exercise, think of the money you're saving and the health benefits and go out to watch people get shitfaced, it usually isn't a pretty sight.
If you're really dependant you could always look for support groups, or at least make sure your friends and family support your decision and don't enable you any further .

Last edited:
Depends what your benefits are from it. I had my first drink last night in about a month, 4 tins of pretty weak lager and I have been akin to a shivering anxious wreck today. Didn't sleep properly either. I just find it does me no favours and last night has reinforced this for me.

Only time I ever drink alcohol is when my mates do, because there's nothing worse than being the only sober person in a room fill of drunk people!

I can go weeks, months even without alcohol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.