Glass Tunnel now taking shape

so be a local football club and multi national business, not just the latter. You can make plenty of money without having to damage the wallets of the locals, and continually shift them out of their seats and price them out for good.

I don't like the 2 percent price increase but I stopped worrying when I saw the Club spend £200 mil on quality players.

so be a local football club and multi national business, not just the latter. You can make plenty of money without having to damage the wallets of the locals, and continually shift them out of their seats and price them out for good.

What do you suggest?
Let's all hear your proposals for the club to consider.
Two tier pricing for everyone with a Manc post code ?
Rebates if you come from Ardwick ?
Surcharge if you're from Cheshire ?
All ears BJ !!

What do you suggest?
Let's all hear your proposals for the club to consider.
Two tier pricing for everyone with a Manc post code ?
Rebates if you come from Ardwick ?
Surcharge if you're from Cheshire ?
All ears BJ !!

nope, use the tiny proportion of income needed that you've gained from being a global brand and entity to freeze season ticket prices year on year, and be a proper "local club" and look after past and present season card holders, being much more personal and accommodating with fans so that they get fair relocations and looking after the core fanbase that hasn't seen the wealth or economic growth the rest of the club has experienced.

Look after your own. There was no need for prices to go up at any point 2bh, there was no need to unceremoniously dump people out of long held seats, there was no need for any ST holder to have to give up their card for cost. There was no need for £45/50/60 home match tickets and no need to introduce vast swathes of corporate hospitality they simply cannot sell. At no point have they engaged, at no point have they fulfilled their promises to the fanbase and at no point have they acted any differently to the lot just outside the city, against whom they should be the complete opposite in behaviour because we should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

The club is not a local club to its local fanbase anymore, it is purely a global entity that a portion of the old fanbase can still afford to follow, for now.

nope, use the tiny proportion of income needed that you've gained from being a global brand and entity to freeze season ticket prices year on year, and be a proper "local club" and look after past and present season card holders, being much more personal and accommodating with fans so that they get fair relocations and looking after the core fanbase that hasn't seen the wealth or economic growth the rest of the club has experienced.

Look after your own. There was no need for prices to go up at any point 2bh, there was no need to unceremoniously dump people out of long held seats, there was no need for any ST holder to have to give up their card for cost. There was no need for £45/50/60 home match tickets and no need to introduce vast swathes of corporate hospitality they simply cannot sell. At no point have they engaged, at no point have they fulfilled their promises to the fanbase and at no point have they acted any differently to the lot just outside the city, against whom they should be the complete opposite in behaviour because we should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

The club is not a local club to its local fanbase anymore, it is purely a global entity that a portion of the old fanbase can still afford to follow, for now.
Quality post mate i salute you

I'd agree with a lot of that. The corporate seats are a joke, nearly as many ermpty seats as the Family Stand.

its all part of a bigger picture. we need the corporate money to keep prices for the ordinary fans down. city have done better than any other club who have been through what we have. look at united, their real fans have been pushed out more than ours have, same with the london clubs. better a glass tunnel and some corporate sections in an expanded ground with cheaper options available than whats happened at other clubs.

its all part of a bigger picture. we need the corporate money to keep prices for the ordinary fans down. city have done better than any other club who have been through what we have. look at united, their real fans have been pushed out more than ours have, same with the london clubs. better a glass tunnel and some corporate sections in an expanded ground with cheaper options available than whats happened at other clubs.
There's two things wrong with this. First, if they need to have the corporate areas to keep prices down, then why did they put them up this season? Second, we make great play of the cheaper season tickets but our average price has been proven to be one of the highest, including the London clubs.

no we don't.

My biggest gripe is that away match tickets go with these packages. These fans/customers don't deserve them. The fact that you can afford 18k for a Tunnel package should no give them the right to get an away ticket in-front of City fans who have been to away matches for years, and have put their money, time and effort into doing that. It would have been just as easy for City to offer the Tunnel package without Away tickets included. Nobody would have really bothered. I do 't think that would have been a game changer for the type of City fan who is buying a Tunnel package. We will never find out, but I dread to think how many away tickets are being put aside for Tunnel Club members. Add to that more and more branches are being created, etc. Now and in years to come away tickets will be harder and harder to get, until only the most loyal and wealthy* City fans can get one.

My biggest gripe is that away match tickets go with these packages. These fans/customers don't deserve them. The fact that you can afford 18k for a Tunnel package should no give them the right to get an away ticket in-front of City fans who have been to away matches for years, and have put their money, time and effort into doing that. It would have been just as easy for City to offer the Tunnel package without Away tickets included. Nobody would have really bothered. I do 't think that would have been a game changer for the type of City fan who is buying a Tunnel package. We will never find out, but I dread to think how many away tickets are being put aside for Tunnel Club members. Add to that more and more branches are being created, etc. Now and in years to come away tickets will be harder and harder to get, until only the most loyal and wealthy* City fans can get one.

Spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.