Glastonbury 2024

Bland, uninspiring……
Well they inspired 100,000 plus.

Listen, I get it. They’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but they absolutely put on a show.

To see Michael.J Fox there - who inspired them to create their band - was an absolute pleasure to see, and something people won’t forget.

Haters have their hate though.

Well they inspired 100,000 plus.

Listen, I get it. They’re not everyone’s cup of tea, but they absolutely put on a show.

To see Michael.J Fox there - who inspired them to create their band - was an absolute pleasure to see, and something people won’t forget.

Haters have their hate though.

The thing I don't mind about coldplay is they don't really pretend to be anything they're not.

They know they're not they're not some super cool hipsters favourites. They know their audience and they cater for that audience, basically mostly people who like fairly middle of the road pop-rock music with enough hooks for a big audience to sing along to with a big stage production. They're very good at what they do.

They've also been smart moving with the times and into different markets. They went to America, got styled a bit, some of their songs got a bit more of a pop production over the years that tied in with current trends of production in music, but with enough of their own sound in there. It's not as easy as it looks, otherwise many more would be in their position. They're pretty savvy at that kind of thing, if they weren't, they'd probably be on the same circuit as Travis today.

Personally I don't listen to them, it just doesn't do anything for me, but I fully understand they have the songs and business sense to be where they are.

The thing I don't mind about coldplay is they don't really pretend to be anything they're not.

They know they're not they're not some super cool hipsters favourites. They know their audience and they cater for that audience, basically mostly people who like fairly middle of the road pop-rock music with enough hooks for a big audience to sing along to with a big stage production. They're very good at what they do.

They've also been smart moving with the times and into different markets. They went to America, got styled a bit, some of their songs got a bit more of a pop production over the years that tied in with current trends of production in music, but with enough of their own sound in there. It's not as easy as it looks, otherwise many more would be in their position. They're pretty savvy at that kind of thing, if they weren't, they'd probably be on the same circuit as Travis today.

Personally I don't listen to them, it just doesn't do anything for me, but I fully understand they have the songs and business sense to be where they are.

Emperors new clothes….

The glowing wristbands, confetti canons, lasers, large inflatable balls, etc, certainly add to the spectacle.

Some people might say it’s pure cheese, which it probably is, but it’s a very clever addition to what would be a normal concert, and people of all ages at Coldplay concerts love it.

Completely agree, not my favourite band, but they do put on a good show and I can appreciate why they have so many fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.