Glastonbury

whipper

I was fortunate to go to Glastonbury to work,getting paid to go what more could i ask for.4 very enjoyable days,the only down side was i was stuck on the Pyramid stage for the 3 days of live music and never got the chance to look around other stages.

Heres a few photos from the weekend.

My housemate went, got back yesterday throwing up constantly. Just text me then saying he was having weird lucid dreams all night about aliens abducting him. 5 days of excess have ruined his brain by the sound of it!
Asked him if he is up for doing it again, ...yes definitely!

I missed out this year, chose a holiday and a different festival instead, defintely going next year though.

Pigeonho said:
I would be all over the panic attack thread if I was one of those stood at the front of the crowd there. That is my idea of hell.

Completely agree with you. Never ever understood the huge buzz of music festivals. What is the point in going to a field, being deprived of basic living standards, listen to some music but your that far away from a stage you may as well just turn in your radio because you can't see anything, no showers, portaloo's at toilets, rip of food places, a bunch of weirdos who you don't know sleeping within 4 feet of you as they cram you in, car gets stuck in a field, every item you take probably ruined and to finish it all off, you get piss thrown at you, all of this for the bargain price of £200, no thanks.

rickmcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
I would be all over the panic attack thread if I was one of those stood at the front of the crowd there. That is my idea of hell.

Completely agree with you. Never ever understood the huge buzz of music festivals. What is the point in going to a field, being deprived of basic living standards, listen to some music but your that far away from a stage you may as well just turn in your radio because you can't see anything, no showers, portaloo's at toilets, rip of food places, a bunch of weirdos who you don't know sleeping within 4 feet of you as they cram you in, car gets stuck in a field, every item you take probably ruined and to finish it all off, you get piss thrown at you, all of this for the bargain price of £200, no thanks.

Ha, having a bad day mate?
Because its fun!

rickmcfc said:
Pigeonho said:

I said on the other Glasto thread that as a drinker, it would be completely wasted on me. Imagine taking a load of cans to the front there, and when the seal breaks you keep needing a piss? I know the solution is to not drink, and those there are probably hard core music fans, whereas i've never been that into it, but still. I'd rather take 100 hundreds lashings from a whip than spend all day at the front of that crowd. To each their own.

Great pics m8 and i'm happy you and many others enjoyed it.

Bit i'd rather go on a Blackpool stag night in December than sit in a muddy field dying for a shit and being fleeced adding insult to injury.

All to say "I WAS THERE" ,

Misery guts over and out :-)

Pigeonho said:
rickmcfc said:
Pigeonho said:

I said on the other Glasto thread that as a drinker, it would be completely wasted on me. Imagine taking a load of cans to the front there, and when the seal breaks you keep needing a piss? I know the solution is to not drink, and those there are probably hard core music fans, whereas i've never been that into it, but still. I'd rather take 100 hundreds lashings from a whip than spend all day at the front of that crowd. To each their own.

You dont spend all day there though, you watch the band you want to see then move on. Honestly, there is so much to do at glastonbury, i dare you to go and not enjoy it!

Pigeonho said:

There is another barrier about 50 yards back mate to stop the surges.But i know what you mean,seen loads of kids getting pulled out.a lot of that was the heat and probably wanting a piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.