Global Coverage of the Battle of Manchester

BLUEinTheUSA

Still buzzing after today. Just checked CNN website over here in the States. I think it's the first time I've seen any premiership game make frontpage news on this continent.

29nikgx.jpg

The global impact of today's victory cannot be underestimated.

CTID!

ESPN showing the game and hyping it big time, on their main channel, was significant too. I was in Beijing last week and I was asked about the game by half the people I met. These were people who I'd never met before and saw me just as English without even knowing I was a Manc or a City fan...

Everybody was shocked that I came to school today and they never know anything about the PL but they knew about this match. I left early and was home to watch five minutes before kickoff.

Seems many yanks didn't like sawker on ESPN. Scroll down to read comments:

<a class="postlink" href="http://deadspin.com/5906430/id-rather-drink-methamphetamine-and-other-complaints-about-soccer-being-on-espn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://deadspin.com/5906430/id-rather-d ... ng-on-espn</a>

Haha can't really blame them, the nfl is what there used to........ That would never work over here.....

Basket ball is ......OK....

There is lots soccer fans in the us, just minority.<br /><br />-- Tue May 01, 2012 2:56 am --<br /><br />A lot of those replies doesn't mean there the majority tho either, that's just all the sad Internet tweeters

These are a bunch of rag fans who no longer like the sport because their team lost. Most of them will start supporting water to be wet.

buckshot said:
These are a bunch of rag fans who no longer like the sport because their team lost. Most of them will start supporting water to be wet.
They were Americans tweeting during the match who tuned in to ESPN ... and to their dismay, were met with a game for girls.

The local paper here in Hamilton New Zealand has carried big (reasonable) articles all last week. And the morning news programmes gave regular progress reports. And remember mist Kiwis are fanantics of the oval ball game!! Cannot wait till tomorrow's papers!

With regards to the Twitter comments, This isn't the majority view of people who watched ESPN:US last night, it was the view of most of the complainers.

if you enjoyed something, you wouldn't necessarily take to twitter to say something would you?
You'd just keep on enjoying it

I hate seeing NFL on my tv screen, I just dont like the sport.

I like watching NHL however, but again this sport has many Canadian teams, European players and so on... like Footy does.

NFL is very americanised and not for me, as is Baseball... Basketball is fun to play

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.