Glory Hunters

bluevengence said:
mcds said:
Never thought I would see the day the gloryhunting tag could be levelled at a city fan,how times change but we still havent won anything we have no glory yet!It does sound arrogant at the least.

We have won plenty mate.............just not recently
Yep we have but 30 odd years doesnt constitute a gloryhunter wheras in this context it applies to fans who support city because of perceived glories to come mostly based on our monetary situation.

Well, have supported since 1967, seen a lot in that time, losing to Wycombe home and away, knocked out of cup competitions by so many small teams. This glory has taken a long time to come round. So I sure am going to enjoy it.

The only glory I have witnessed is 3 Promotions (1championship) , 2 Thomas Cook trophies and before Illness a half relegation battle. Plus seen us win the fair play league once ( I think under Keegan)

Not just the glory hunters there are still thousands of 'lapsed' City fans across the country. If we finally manage success Eastlands won't be big enough for the demand. I think people underestimate just how well supported City are, especially in other areas outside Greater Manchester.

Some people are attracted by the "glory" of clubs, myself I find the unpredicability of football the attraction....

We may become more predictable with consistency who knows...

We are all gloryseekers, just in different ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.