GM Mayor Debate

Hopefully there will be some benefit for Manchester as the little twat spends a few years feathering the nest of his own political career.

well unless he's going to reconfigure the road network around the Etihad, rip up Piccadilly Gardens and every motorway average speed camera and cycle lane in Manchester, take every spice scrote and homeless person off the street and put the Metrolink underground in the city centre then he's wasting his time.

How dare someone want to get a better job.

Politics of envy, etc

The position and its cost to the public has been made available so we might as well fill it.
Whether it will be just as a costly figurehead position or the start of something worth the money only time will tell.

I watched it (but only to perv at Annabel Tiffin). Burnham's answer to the homeless problem was to donate 15% of his salary to homeless charities and hope that others do the same thing. It didn't give me a great deal of confidence that he had the answers. The guy who I thought made most sense in the debate was the English Democrat although his idea of moving a special police squad round each borough to tackle their most pressing problem was a bit meh.

This just 14 months ago... what do you think of burnham now? Curious

Well I know him better now, having met him much more. I've now upgraded my opinion of him to "a bit of a tosser" who "I probably am not going to vote for". In seriousness he's not the man I thought he was but is also not my type of person. He gives a shit about his constituency which is nice and he's delivered on several things and he'll probably make a good mayor. My problem with him is that I can't get past the fact that he is a bit of a tosser.

Well actually it's a done deal as I voted for Patterson/Greens as my first choice and Burnham as my second, having had a postal vote and filling it out earlier. I'd take Burnham over Anstee but Will Patterson from Greens impressed me the most in terms of his message. His desire to stretch the Metrolink into all ten boroughs and wanting to campaign to do this as mayor was really the big one for me. Our public transport outside of the Metrolink zones is an absolute shambles. The Met isn't a fix all solution but it's better than nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.