Go Ape

Joycee Banercheck

A mate has just phoned and said he's going to some place called "Go Ape" for his birthday. I've never heard of it, but believe it's like a Jungle Jim's for adults. Considering that if I could live anywhere in the world I'd pick Jungle Jim's, I'm quite excited.

Anyone been? What's it like?

Ive been to Go Ape at Delamere Forest.
Its all activities at height. Rope Ladders, Zip Wires, Tarzan Swings.
You get a basic breifing before you start the course by an instructor who tells you about how you should wear your harness and how to stay safe while up in the trees. Longest line clips to the tree and stuff like that. The instructors dont go with you around the course but are on hand if you have any difficulties.
Its a good course, and a lengthy activity. Well worthwhile.

OneLove_OneLife_OneCity said:
You get a basic breifing before you start the course by an instructor who tells you about how you should wear your harness and how to stay safe while up in the trees. Longest line clips to the tree and stuff like that. The instructors dont go with you around the course but are on hand if you have any difficulties.
Nice one, mate. I'm shit scared of heights. I'm gonna conquer that fear and spit in its face.

Joycee Banercheck said:
OneLove_OneLife_OneCity said:
Nice one, mate. I'm shit scared of heights. I'm gonna conquer that fear and spit in its face.

Before I went I was scared of heights, since doing this activity though, heights havent bothered me a bit, it really does help you conquer your fear.

I have been to Go Ape and wow what an experience. After initially bricking it you really feel a sense of achievement and its something you will look back on with a sense of pride.

A number of the obstacles are challenging and its always funny laughing at a mate who looks like he is about to shit himself.

Goaters said:
I have been to Go Ape and wow what an experience. After initially bricking it you really feel a sense of achievement and its something you will look back on with a sense of pride.

A number of the obstacles are challenging and its always funny laughing at a mate who looks like he is about to shit himself.
Yeah that'll be me! Thanks for the input, mate.

I went to the one in Grizedale Forest in the Lake District and really enjoyed it. Can be scary if you dont like heights but its a great place to conquer your fear as it makes you feel very safe. You are attached to a safety line in 2 places so when your unhooking 1 to move to the next obsticle your still attached by the other. Its a great day out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.