Go with what we have

WestGorton

My first punt at starting a thread. I think we have a great balance in the squad. Alvarez is a loss but we have played false 9 prior to Erling. I would prioritise Europe and the League and the uocom

My first punt at starting a thread. I think we have a great balance in the squad. Alvarez is a loss but we have played false 9 prior to Erling. I would prioritise Europe and the League and the uocom
Apologies. Upcoming young players get a chance. Discuss.

Play the kids in every round of the caribou and FA Cups. Keep the big guns focussed on the big trophies. It’s going to be a long season.
The kids that we have now are not like our kids of yesteryear.
Bobb, Lewis, McAtee and O Reilly with Ortega in goals would be a good base along with more senior lads.
Doku, Grealish, Savio will all be trying to stake a claim so I would be confident that we can still give a good showing in the cups.
Its critical though that the likes of De Bruyne, Rodri and Stones would be given a break in these Cup games

A squad always needs 2-3 fresh faces every year to liven up the dressing room - keeps things fresh and people sharp.

We have 1 senior striker - 1 - and face around 55-60 games if we are successful. Going in with just 1 would be asking for trouble.

Similarly we have no cover/deputy for Rodri. Any injury/suspension for him and we fall off a cliff against top opponents. It's a gaping need - especially considering the player himself along with many others in our squad are knackered after their schedule the past 2 seasons, so rotation will be key.

Those 2 areas need addressing. In midfield KDB is 33, Kovacic is 30, Bernie is 30 - Phillips and Nunes are currently unusable and our recent recruitment in that area has been poor. It needs rectifying if we want to compete for the 2 big pots.

What we currently have will finish top 3 and compete for the domestic Cups. However I'm not sure it sees off Arsenal this time and certainly doesn't beat Real Madrid if/when injuries/suspensions are factored in.

I agree on your earlier points but Phillips and Nunes are not unusable but are of limited use based on previous performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.