Goalkeeper

DAGW

Lets say for argument's sake we land Given during the window.

Are you going to drop Hart to the bench and let him lose his place in the England squad in the hope that when Given retires he is good enough to get back into club and country? It seriously could be a waste. I agree that Hart needs an older keeper on the bench as a mentor to learn from but Given isnt going to want to do that is he. He'll want regular football.

So what do we do?

PBLZ129 said:

Are you going to drop Hart to the bench and let him lose his place in the England squad in the hope that when Given retires he is good enough to get back into club and country? It seriously could be a waste. I agree that Hart needs an older keeper on the bench as a mentor to learn from but Given isnt going to want to do that is he. He'll want regular football.

So what do we do?

A spell on the bench should shake Joe Hart into gear and make him realise two things... he aint as good as he thinks he is and that he cannot swan into training knowing that his name is a permanent fixture on the team sheet... we will see how mentally strong he is then.

Remember what David James said to Joey Barton???

NOMAS said:
PBLZ129 said:

So what do we do?

A spell on the bench should shake Joe Hart into gear and make him realise two things... he aint as good as he thinks he is and that he cannot swan into training knowing that his name is a permanent fixture on the team sheet... we will see how mentally strong he is then.

I didn't realise Joe had been out of gear to be honest.

What did Jamo say to Barton?

I think Ajay indicated that Hart would be happy to work alongside a more experience goal keeper. I love that so many young players get a chance at City but am worried that we are expecting too much too soon from a lot of them. I think in a top 6 squad players like Richards, Hart, Sturridge, Big Phil etc would be starting games in the Carling Cup and not have so much pressure on them to perform week in week out.

Let's get one thing clear ---we've got rid of the "old" experienced keepers (and James still an international) and we've got the next England keeper. Why the hell go for Givens who probably only wants a fat paycheck and a good pension Two good young keepers should be sufficient for any team it's the lazy under performers in front of him that's the problem. Seems to me that people are confusing confidence with arrogance get a good team together and the goal keeper should be the least of the worries --a brick wall between the sticks couldn't have kept out the goals caused by the cock ups we've made this year. Hart still has lots to learn but he should be given a chance to learn from the deep end not sat on the bench every week
NOMAS said:
PBLZ129 said:

So what do we do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.