Goalkeeper

Dobsy87

It's been said for a while that we'll loan Joe Hart out and that Kasper wants first team football so is likely to leave. In those circumstances we'll need to sign a back up goalkeeper who can do a job in case Given gets injured. My guess is that it'll be a veteran who's winding down, as the younger guys don't seem to be happy to sit on the bench behind Shay. Who's available?

All I can think of is that Dean Kiely is currently backup for Carson at WBA and would probably fancy a last payday. Came on and did well for them a few weeks ago. I'm not imaginative on this.

Michael Rensing .)

He shown this year that he´s nothing more than a backup GK.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I think we will bring in 2 Keepers, someone like Dean Kiely and someone thats perhaps in their late teens early 20s

already sign a 16 year old keeper Loris Karius from Stuttgart

chris1718 said:
how about timo hildebrand or igor akinfeev??

:D Why would either of these players come to sit on our bench?? That's just laughable, do you think they are brainless morons?

City sign new keeper - MEN February 26, 2009

CITY have signed 22-year-old goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Free agent Nielsen, from the Faroe Islands, had spells with Blackburn and Motherwell on loan. He will now link up with fellow goalkeepers Shay Given, Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel at Eastlands.

So not sure if we are going to bring anybody else in?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.