Goalkeeper

Rambinho said:
City sign new keeper - MEN February 26, 2009

CITY have signed 22-year-old goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Free agent Nielsen, from the Faroe Islands, had spells with Blackburn and Motherwell on loan. He will now link up with fellow goalkeepers Shay Given, Joe Hart and Kasper Schmeichel at Eastlands.

So not sure if we are going to bring anybody else in?
The issue is Kasper won't stay, Hart almost certainly will be going out on loan and this guy broke his hand while out on loan.

Daily Express

"Joe's heart at Birmingham"

Joe Hart is set to turn down Wolves and move to Birmingham in a £4million move. Manchester City keeper Hart has been ousted by Shay Given at the City of Manchester Stadium and is keen to move this summer in order to play regular first-team football. Both Wolves and Birmingham have tabled bids.

I found the above quite disheartening. I hoped the days of us having to sell off squad players was long gone. And for £4million as well. A promising young goalkeeper with international experience. It'd be a shame to lose him.

Hopefully it's tosh and he'll be happy to go on loan.

N-SummerbeeLifeSaver said:
Daily Express

"Joe's heart at Birmingham"

Joe Hart is set to turn down Wolves and move to Birmingham in a £4million move. Manchester City keeper Hart has been ousted by Shay Given at the City of Manchester Stadium and is keen to move this summer in order to play regular first-team football. Both Wolves and Birmingham have tabled bids.

I found the above quite disheartening. I hoped the days of us having to sell off squad players was long gone. And for £4million as well. A promising young goalkeeper with international experience. It'd be a shame to lose him.

Hopefully it's tosh and he'll be happy to go on loan.
It has to be, I can't see any reason we would sell him(apart from anything else isn't there a sell on clause in his contract

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.