Goalkeeper

Is Steffen back at City now? If he is, would he be available from say 1st July due to contract situ with players and the virus. Just wondering if Pep might have him in the squad if Premier League amended rules allow

Is Steffen back at City now? If he is, would he be available from say 1st July due to contract situ with players and the virus. Just wondering if Pep might have him in the squad if Premier League amended rules allow

still in Germany until July 1st.
He can't feature, when he returns.

Ask Joe Hart. He will tell you too.

yeah exactly. I liked Hart and when he was with us he was a vey good keeper, but he couldnt (or wouldnt) do what Pep wanted him to.

As a shot stopper he was equal to Ederson (and maybe better) BUT the bits he couldnt (or wouldnt do) are absolutely pivotal to what Pep requires and wouldnt work without that ability of the golakeeper to be basically an outfield player at times.

It's what Steffen should be doing ! Eddie is no1 and will be for a long time while we play this style of football . Zack Steffen is going to have to be Eddie+ to get the no1 shirt from him .

What do you mean its what he should be doing. Are you saying your not impressed by him ? What do you mean he has to be Edd + ? Are you saying if they are equally as good Pep will pick Edderson ? Why would he not pick Steffen instead ?

Your obviously a Steffan fanboy and that's fine, but we play with a distinct style we press high leaving us prone to a ball over the top into space behind us, Eddie is the best goalie there is at defending that space simple as that . Now if Steffan or any other goalkeeper want to take Eddie's shirt they need to be not as good as him but better than him in that role hence +, a goalie for city now is so much more than a mere shotstopper, he is the first part of how we attack as well .

Your obviously a Steffan fanboy and that's fine, but we play with a distinct style we press high leaving us prone to a ball over the top into space behind us, Eddie is the best goalie there is at defending that space simple as that . Now if Steffan or any other goalkeeper want to take Eddie's shirt they need to be not as good as him but better than him in that role hence +, a goalie for city now is so much more than a mere shotstopper, he is the first part of how we attack as well .

I am still confused by your comments I assume your talking to me. Fan boy ? Just looking at it objectively Steffen is over a year younger than Edderson on cheaper wages looks. If they are or where ever equally as good why would you discriminate against Steffen ? Especially when neither will sit on the bench and he will be on lower wages and is over a year younger ? So it’s not Edderson plus just equal to Edderson so long as the skill sets match our style of play. From what have seen right now which is look at Edderson basically every game and a few completion video of Steffen,some of the two of them together, seeing what others are saying on here. Right now it looks like Steffen is a better shot stopper and close to him on passing and similar to him in his rushing out but perhaps less frequent but also not seen any where it goes wrong and he gets sent of or nearly breaks his own players neck. Also looks better that dealing with crosses but it’s hard to tell given the fact Steffen is under a lot more pressure at his club than Edderson so faces more crosses. Ideally I would extend his deal loan him out for 12 months to a Prem team ideally but not a rival, ideally one that plays football, take a loan fee and in 12 months subject to changes sell Edderson and make him number one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.