Goin Away In The Army :)

der-bomber said:
l have been online continuously, but registered as a guest, as dullards kept PM'ing me if my username was showing ,anyway , this is thread about the British Army, which you obviously know fuck all about...

I revert you to my initial reply to you in this thread. I do not have to have been in the army to make any statement which I have made in this thread.
Besides that, do you need to be a rapist to know that rape is wrong? Do you need to be a blood donor to know that giving blood is a good deed? No of course not. You may have had a point if I was criticising training methods etc, but I am not. As I said, back a few pages, your point is fallacious and nothing more than pulling rank, which is not an argument at all.

der-bomber said:
For example the humanitarian efforts in Kashmir a few years ago saved countless thousands of lives when all the fairweather charities and fuckers didn't want to know, cos it was too cold and snowy for them.

A fleet of helicopters etc are indeed very helpful. What's your point? Whatever it is it has nothing to do with my argument, of which I am finding it difficult to remember thanks to these silly little games you seem intent on playing.

l will spell it out then....

A keen young lad, full of enthusiasm, stated that he wished to join the Army and pursue it as a chosen career as part of a lifelong ambition, to which l ,as an ex-regular serving Soldier, offered encouragement and advice.

You chose to jump in and belittle him in a patronising and condescending manner and then proceeded to denounce and vilify the Army in general.....remember now ?

re Kashmir, there were troops on the ground in sub-zero temperatures for 4 months providing healthcare, shelter ,accommodation and water-supply.

Edited to add , looks like Elanjo has, to use a Garry Cooke expression, '' bottled it '' and gone to bed, obviously lacking in moral fibre , the spineless civvy twat.

der-bomber said:
l will spell it out then....

A keen young lad, full of enthusiasm, stated that he wished to join the Army and pursue it as a chosen career as part of a lifelong ambition, to which l ,as an ex-regular serving Soldier, offered encouragement and advice.

You chose to jump in and belittle him in a patronising and condescending manner and then proceeded to denounce and vilify the Army in general.....remember now ?

re Kashmir, there were troops on the ground in sub-zero temperatures for 4 months providing healthcare, shelter ,accommodation and water-supply.

Edited to add , looks like Elanjo has, to use a Garry Cooke expression, '' bottled it '' and gone to bed, obviously lacking in moral fibre , the spineless civvy twat.

No, actually, I don't. How about you remind me.

Oh and ,whilst you're searching for these numerous quotes of mine in this thread, how about you reply to my initial argument?. You don't like the word, tho didn't state why when I asked you why that was, but you do fit the title "Demagogue" pretty darn well.

I have to commend you really., You have succeeded in leading me way off the whole reason as to why I posted in this thread in the first place. Honestly, well done, you should run for parliament.

PS. Yes, I'll admit, I wasn't very tactful but who cares really? Surely if someone gets so bent out of shape over something as insignificant as that, it wasn't even that bad, then joining the "mob" is a mistake. With that said, mcfc92lad didn't seem at all fazed by it. Only you and Thatchers Ginger Dildo felt like making a fuss, and thereby cloud my point, about it.

PPS. You earlier said that you thought I was one of the better posters on here. Did you enjoy me ripping into religion? but when I take the exact same reasoning and philosophic view to the armed forces (technically the state in actuality ) it cuts a little too close to home, thus warranting me the title of "tosser"?
I think that is the case. If I'm wrong, please, correct me.

Whilst talking about views on other posters, I respected you (still do tho less so), being in the army doesn't necessarily make me disrespect someone - as I alluded to earlier my problem is with the whole state apparatus - you atleast tended to argue honestly, but you're getting more and more like Thatchers Ginger Dildo and Prophet Lee Bradbury every time I debate with you. Just a lot of hot air and insults. I'm sure you don't care what I think, but since you brought it up...

As for your edit, well, I forget the name of the syndrome whereby people from the "services" begin to (or always did) hate the people in which they were supposed to be protecting, but it's summed up right there with "spineless civvy twat"

Edit: Your life may revolve around debating (in your case -shouting abuse ) people online , but mine doesn't. Sorry I left you there with nothing but your anger for so long whilst I took a shit.

Elanjo, me old cocker spaniel ,'' why use thirty words ,when thousands will do '' ,seems to be your motto, and you still haven't actually said anything.

You have contradicted yourself so many times ,l don't know where to start, you did good work on the religion thread, but are totally out of your depth here.

ln fact there was no need for you to post on this thread at all ,apart from maybe if you had chosen to join all the other charitable posters who wished the OP good luck.

You are currently paying me to write this by the way ,so it is hardly my raison d'etre.

What do you actually like ,believe in, or subscribe to ,what makes you tick, as l find your constant negativeaty and disbelief unfathomable.

OK , the Army was a big part of my life, l am very attached to it and believe it is one of the last bastions of honour and integrity left in our society.

The bottom line is , you do not see it this way and neither of us will ever change our opinion .

der-bomber said:
Elanjo, me old cocker spaniel ,'' why use thirty words ,when thousands will do '' ,seems to be your motto, and you still haven't actually said anything.

Well, it's common knowledge that it takes more time and words to correct stupidity than to utter it. I've had enough practice with creationists in this regard so it doesnt bother me too much. I'm pretty fast on a keyboard.

I haven't actually said anything? Wow, then your anger problem is even worse than I first thought!

der-bomber said:
You have contradicted yourself so many times ,l don't know where to start, you did good work on the religion thread, but are totally out of your depth here.

How about you start at the beginning? Of course you won't because you can't cope with a reasoned debate. Each question or request I have made of you you have ignored to instead utter even more foundationless, bandwidth wasting, crap.

Go ahead and explain why I am supposedly out of my depth. If you can.

der-bomber said:
ln fact there was no need for you to post on this thread at all ,apart from maybe if you had chosen to join all the other charitable posters who wished the OP good luck.

There's no need to post anything in this forum. I chose, like you, to do so. If your only point is that you found my post to the lad condescending then you have made your point, you can go and waste someone else's time now. You're obviously not interested in talking about the reason I gave.

I do wish the lad luck. I hope he comes back in one piece. Go's without saying really.

der-bomber said:
You are currently paying me to write this by the way ,so it is hardly my raison d'etre.

What do you actually like ,believe in, or subscribe to ,what makes you tick, as l find your constant negativeaty and disbelief unfathomable.

Yea I am paying you. If I had any choice in the matter I wouldn't be tho. I'd rather that money went to people in need or towards the safety of my community in a free exchange.

I do not think you genuinely care what philosophy I subscribe to, nor would you begin to try to understand it. It's probably very alien to you but I 'believe in' rationality and freedom , which, from 1st principles, has led me towards being an "Atheist Anarchist" for want of better terms.

I talk of rationality, but it seems I am shitting all over rationality whilst continuing to reply to you. Thus, this will be my last reply to you on this thread if you cannot, or will not, from now on, start atleast backing up your claims.

der-bomber said:
OK , the Army was a big part of my life, l am very attached to it and believe it is one of the last bastions of honour and integrity left in our society.

The bottom line is , you do not see it this way and neither of us will ever change our opinion .

Yes, and that is why I mentioned to Cheesy, who is in the same boat as you, that the cost, to my time, versus the benefit would be very unfavourable to me. For some reason I got too entrenched with you to the point I could have written an essay encompassing the foundation of my dislike for the state, army etc. and let it be.

I'm sure I said elsewhere that I don't particularly have a big problem with the people of religions (well, not counting those who take advantage such as popes, preachers etc and those who intentionally misrepresent science) It is the religion itself that I do have a problem with. The same goes for the State it's army etc.

mcfc92lad said:
Better Had Been Fucking Joking

Sorry for the delay in replying - its called an ill daughter.
Now,whilst I wish you every success in your new vocation,I really think you need to develop a thicker skin and,most of all, a sense of humour.
My post was meant to draw a parallel between perceived terrorist threat and media paranoia against minority groups.
If you have trouble differentiating between irony and religious bigotry,and if the content and tenor of my posts makes you suspect my motives,I can foresee future problems,as sadly,in the military,as in real life,there are actual racist scumbags who you will need to confront.
As I said previously,the best of British to you.
But reserve your anger for the right target mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.