Going for the biggest names too early?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 14625

Does anyone else think that we might be a little premature in pursuing the likes of Eto'o, Terry and whoever else we try and prize from an actual big club who are regulalrly winning trophies and getting to the Champions Lg semi's/final year in year out!?

Okay, Tevez is out of contract so it is well within our grasp that we could get him as he has stated he didnt feel wanted at a big club and wants to play more regularly for a lesser club where he will feel more wanted!

But trying to prize away the England captain from a club he's not even on sale from, or argualbly the worlds most dangerous striker from the European Champions and treble winners; is a bit much when we've only finished fucking 10th in the Prem and are not even in the Europa lg, let alone Champs Lg this season! Should we be down grading our targets and trying as hard as we can to sign Lescott and not Terry and someone like, i dunno, Dzeko(Wolfsburg) or Llorente(Bilbao) instead of Eto'o, and leaving trying to get the top top clubs players until we are threatening at being a top club maybe next summer or the year after!??

Terry and Eto'o are both 28 and at that age they really should be playing their last 2-3 seasons of being in their prime in the top level of the Champions Lg and not having their biggest games of the season away at West Ham next May instead of in the Bernabaeu[spelling?]

thoughts?........

i agree mate..biggest worry for me though is the club looking stupid when we get turned down! its good thought for the intent were showing i suppose! ruffle a few feathers

They're adults. I'm sure they are pefectly capable of deciding where they want to spend the final years of their careers.

dannybcity said:
Cuninho1 said:
i agree mate..biggest worry for me though is the club looking stupid when we get turned down!

In front of who???? AAARRRGGGHHHH I wish people would stop caring how we looked to 'other clubs'. They're going to hate us anyway so get use to it.

Ok fair point...i'd rather just not give anyone more of a reason to have a dig at us...hopefully it wont be like this but id just rather other inmature fans don't have more ammo...

Cuninho1 said:
i agree mate..biggest worry for me though is the club looking stupid when we get turned down! its good thought for the intent were showing i suppose! ruffle a few feathers

but was'ent it barry that said he started to take notice of us when we bid for kaka !!!! think its only the media and plastics ( of "top 4" ) who think its stupid but they are starting to worry now city are becoming a monster in the transfer market :) C.T.I.D

danburge82 said:
Does anyone else think that we might be a little premature in pursuing the likes of Eto'o, Terry and whoever else we try and prize from an actual big club who are regulalrly winning trophies and getting to the Champions Lg semi's/final year in year out!?

Okay, Tevez is out of contract so it is well within our grasp that we could get him as he has stated he didnt feel wanted at a big club and wants to play more regularly for a lesser club where he will feel more wanted!

But trying to prize away the England captain from a club he's not even on sale from, or argualbly the worlds most dangerous striker from the European Champions and treble winners; is a bit much when we've only finished fucking 10th in the Prem and are not even in the Europa lg, let alone Champs Lg this season! Should we be down grading our targets and trying as hard as we can to sign Lescott and not Terry and someone like, i dunno, Dzeko(Wolfsburg) or Llorente(Bilbao) instead of Eto'o, and leaving trying to get the top top clubs players until we are threatening at being a top club maybe next summer or the year after!??

Terry and Eto'o are both 28 and at that age they really should be playing their last 2-3 seasons of being in their prime in the top level of the Champions Lg and not having their biggest games of the season away at West Ham next May instead of in the Bernabaeu[spelling?]

thoughts?........
After reading the shite on the main board about finishing 5th with a semi final cup run is a failure i have to say we've no fucking chance unless we sign the biggest names. Imagine the reaction on here if we just reeled of 6 Roque Santa Cruz style signings? Not sure what some of our fans have become to be honest.

Imagine the media reaction if we'd have signed Michael Owen. We'd be a laughing stock.

I think we have to continue what we are doing and judge each case on it's merit. Robinho had burnt his bridges, Tevez was out of contract, Eto'o was running out of contract and refusing a new one, Terry - not sure but something has obviously been said for us to go back in with a bid roughly half of what we offered. If top quality players come available you really have to pounce.

People can moan about the failed Kaka bid but imo it did us the world of good in terms of raising our profile throughout the media and the footballing world.

U need top players to become a top club and if you need to be a top club to sign top players then nothing will ever change and the status quo will remain the same and the league is just a pointless excercise.

So no i dont think we are. It is only sky and the media who ahve this huge top four bias and obessession with europe and we buy into it by proxy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.