Going for the biggest names too early?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
Cuninho1 said:
dannybcity said:
Cuninho1 said:
i agree mate..biggest worry for me though is the club looking stupid when we get turned down!

In front of who???? AAARRRGGGHHHH I wish people would stop caring how we looked to 'other clubs'. They're going to hate us anyway so get use to it.

Ok fair point...i'd rather just not give anyone more of a reason to have a dig at us...hopefully it wont be like this but id just rather other inmature fans don't have more ammo...

Football fans will find ammo, I'd rather their ammo be 'he only came for the money' rather than 'you'll never win anything'.

citychief said:
Cuninho1 said:
i agree mate..biggest worry for me though is the club looking stupid when we get turned down! its good thought for the intent were showing i suppose! ruffle a few feathers

but was'ent it barry that said he started to take notice of us when we bid for kaka !!!! think its only the media and plastics ( of "top 4" ) who think its stupid but they are starting to worry now city are becoming a monster in the transfer market :) C.T.I.D

true true, thats what i mean by rufflin a few feathers..you will get people like barry who are genuinely realising that we have something good and are gonna be goin places...i just think there will be a few too many players tryin to use it for their own advantages...just ave to wait n see though hey...CTID

The ones around 27-28 years old, this could be thier final chance of a big money move and large signing on fee, so its plausable.

Tevez and E'to are available to us due to out of contract/1 year left on contract.

I dont believe there are many players world wide who are "not for sale". Offer Utd enough and they would sell Rooney etc. Wether the player agrees to join is another thing though.

Terry is a very ambitious move, one i cant see happening, but if its who we want, then why shouldnt we go after him.
Even if terry says no to the move, i cant see it as a bad thing for the club as again we have probably exposure all over the world in the bid and it also shows our ambition to others. The more of these kind of players we get i think we mean its easier in the future to get more.

Rather we go for them and get knocked back than be too afraid to go for them in the first place.

dannybcity said:

If no, why not? Give me a reason to change my mind!

We are not in the same league as Chelsea or Barcelona, United, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc... but all of a sudden just cos we have some money we think we are, but finishing 10th last season and not being in any European comp puts us nowhere near that list of teams! The only reason we are on a par with or just above Everton, Spurs and Villa is because of our money other than that we have no pulling power for a 28 year old top player from a top top club to come to us whatsoever! Maybe signing someone like Aguero, a young player who isnt already at a massive club and will be able to progress his career and name onwards and upwards with City who have this fantastic plan for the future will be a good idea! But Terry and Eto'o, not for me!

Eto'o is basically using us to get more money at Barca, either that or Barca are using City (saying they'll sell him to us if he wont sign the deal) to make Eto'o sign a deal that is less than he wanted! Terry is on the verge of winning the Chapions Lg with Chelsea, somehting he may only have 2 or 3 more cracks at - Chelsea nearly and really, in many ways, deserved to get to the final last season, and they would have beaten United! They nearly and should have beaten United the year before! And if Terry comes to us he probably has no chance of winning it again before he retires! (reason behind this is because throughout the history of the Champions Lg[with the exception of Dortmund] teams go through 4-5 years experience before getting to a final or winning it)

So why would they come to us? to earn some money and get to a Carling Cup Final? because we will not win the Champiuons Lg in the next 3 years and we will not want a 31 yr old Eto'o and a 31 yr old Terry playing for us then - we'll all be kicking ourselves saying; "shit, wish we'd have signed Dzeko a few years ago, look how good he is now!"

danburge82 said:
dannybcity said:

If no, why not? Give me a reason to change my mind!

We are not in the same league as Chelsea or Barcelona, United, Liverpool, Real Madrid etc... but all of a sudden just cos we have some money we think we are, but finishing 10th last season and not being in any European comp puts us nowhere near that list of teams! The only reason we are on a par with or just above Everton, Spurs and Villa is because of our money other than that we have no pulling power for a 28 year old top player from a top top club to come to us whatsoever! Maybe signing someone like Aguero, a young player who isnt already at a massive club and will be able to progress his career and name onwards and upwards with City who have this fantastic plan for the future will be a good idea! But Terry and Eto'o, not for me!

Eto'o is basically using us to get more money at Barca, either that or Barca are using City (saying they'll sell him to us if he wont sign the deal) to make Eto'o sign a deal that is less than he wanted! Terry is on the verge of winning the Chapions Lg with Chelsea, somehting he may only have 2 or 3 more cracks at - Chelsea nearly and really, in many ways, deserved to get to the final last season, and they would have beaten United! They nearly and should have beaten United the year before! And if Terry comes to us he probably has no chance of winning it again before he retires! (reason behind this is because throughout the history of the Champions Lg[with the exception of Dortmund] teams go through 4-5 years experience before getting to a final or winning it)

So why would they come to us? to earn some money and get to a Carling Cup Final? because we will not win the Champiuons Lg in the next 3 years and we will not want a 31 yr old Eto'o and a 31 yr old Terry playing for us then - we'll all be kicking ourselves saying; "shit, wish we'd have signed Dzeko a few years ago, look how good he is now!"

i agree with you to a certain extent and you make some valid points, however i dont think we are rushing into signing big named players to early, i think this is the right time to try and tempt these players to the club, start the new era and push to that next level, if we go for the players just below that standard then they need to be replaced costing more money which in the long run could possibly put doubt into players minds thinking why go to city if they will just replace me in a couple of years.

No

Mark hughes knows this is his only chance so he has to go for it now not later.

And with manure loosing their two big names with an aging team and the other big three struggling in the transfer market and struggling to keep their own players now is the time to go for it!

I think what is occurred is that a person offered Terry to us rather than us go for him out of the blue. In football agents ring up clubs and offer the player's services. I think this was the case with Terry. I do feel that the football world has a dark side of agents and people hustling to make money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.