Going to ODI on Sunday

NOPE Not Matt Proctor but uve got the 1st name right!

You are Matt Proctor and I claim my £5
BLUEMATT23 said:
I work at Lancs during matchdays!, doing 1 of the most important jobs, scoring the match (cricket match) for the Replay Screen so I was a little pissed off when America scored right at the end today which means I won't be able to give my full attention to the football otherwise I will cock the score up.

You are Matt Proctor and I claim my £5

I am going myself and am staying in the lodge, they are showing the game in the bar but you have to have a wrist band to get in. The girl I spoke to did believe however that they were trying to arrange a big screen for somewhere in the ground and they should have confirmation today at some point as to whether this will happen.

If the lodge are showing it I am sure other bars in the ground will be showing it.

Scareye said:
Still not sure I want to drink in one of the rag infested pubs round there!! But I will swallow my pride and hold my nose for England!!
Calm down you scareyed bastard. Short metro ride to city centre

tmouseman said:
Scareye said:
Still not sure I want to drink in one of the rag infested pubs round there!! But I will swallow my pride and hold my nose for England!!
Calm down you scareyed bastard. Short metro ride to city centre

Get F*cked T rat!! You will have us eating at the Lou Macari chippy next!!
Oh hang on one of us has already done that!!!

The match won't be shown in public areas of O.T. on Sunday but you can leave and re-enter the ground.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lccc.co.uk/index.php?p=news&id=3619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lccc.co.uk/index.php?p=news&id=3619</a>

lancs blue said:
The match won't be shown in public areas of O.T. on Sunday but you can leave and re-enter the ground.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lccc.co.uk/index.php?p=news&id=3619" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lccc.co.uk/index.php?p=news&id=3619</a>

Very bad decision probably made some self important health and safety tosspot.
I've got a ticket but am sure I want to go now. Awful decision.

There is nowhere a screen could go that thousands of people could watch. All the car parks are pre-paid and the lightening bar tellies (that have not been on recently) would lead to a crush in he concourse.

The best bet is going to the Quadrant. But if 10% or even 5% of the crown were to leave to watch the match at the 4 nearest pubs (Trafford, Quadrant, Bishops Blaize and Toll Bar) you will be struggling to move or get in, never mind getting served. Manchester town centre is probably a better option.

tmouseman said:
daveduke67 said:
I'd be extremely surprised if they did show it - it is a cricket match after all.
It would be far too disruptive and downright dangerous - you can't have a crowd suddenly jump up and start shouting about a foul when a bowler is just about to launch a ball towards someones head at 90 mph.
If I was watching the cricket and they were showing football I'm sure I'd be pissed off about it. Not everyone is interested in football. If you want to watch football sell your tickets on E-bay and go and watch it. To expect a cricket ground to show a football match is ridiculous.

What next - asking COMS to show the England Rugby World Cup games if they clash with a home game?

It was a question not an expectation and no of course not on the main screen I wondered about something behind the stands so pull your F*cking neck in.
Thanks everyone else for useful fedback.

Spot on mate.
(Anyway, we are members on a football forum after all)<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 pm --<br /><br />
Corky said:
There is nowhere a screen could go that thousands of people could watch. All the car parks are pre-paid and the lightening bar tellies (that have not been on recently) would lead to a crush in he concourse.

The best bet is going to the Quadrant. But if 10% or even 5% of the crown were to leave to watch the match at the 4 nearest pubs (Trafford, Quadrant, Bishops Blaize and Toll Bar) you will be struggling to move or get in, never mind getting served. Manchester town centre is probably a better option.

Cheers for that. I was going to ask what the nearest pubs were round there (having never been in any down there before!). I suppose it will have to be town - (unless my mate brings his internet-phone thingy to the match!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.