Golf tips

Don't bother with the lessons mate, you'll get better and better just by playing more. Oh and buy a new driver, easiest way to pick up a few more yards :)

Course management.
In other words don't take on shots yo cannot manage.
I only hit it 220 and play off 6.
Of you play off 18 you have a shot a hole so play each hole as a bogey.

Only my first lesson comes free ;-)
220 is decent, not many par 4’s over 400 on most courses so irons into the green for you? I only hit about 200, well past my best so 19 now, still love it though.

after years of hitting a high fade, and lessons not curing it, a guy in the next bay at the driving range said " your grip's too weak". With nothing to lose i wrapped my left hand round the grip, until it felt wrong tbh, but it worked. He looked at the sole of the driver and pointed out the scuff marks were showing the club was travelling from out to in, hence the fade. After a few rounds of experimenting with the hand positions, i could manipulate the shot from a low draw to high fade but hitting it dead straight was the killer, but at least i was enjoying being on the fairway most of the time. The short game was never a big attraction for me, it's why carding below 80 was about as good as i could expect. Trouble with playing more often, if there is a fundamental flaw in your set-up you end up cementing it into your game......have fun:)

Get it in the hole works fine with golf and women although anymore than 5 attempts tend to put women off (a friend told me).

after years of hitting a high fade, and lessons not curing it, a guy in the next bay at the driving range said " your grip's too weak". With nothing to lose i wrapped my left hand round the grip, until it felt wrong tbh, but it worked.
As I have previously mentioned on this forum, I sometimes suffer word blindness mate. Sorry I read it wrong and I don't mean to offend anyone. It's just that I thought I read "the gay in the next bay"...... "Your grips too weak". Blimey... I'm just glad I didn't go on to read "hole in one" ; )

Last edited:
As above , lessons and practice particularly short game helps a lot.
Most important thing is to enjoy the game though.
The single most useful thing for me which didn't involve lessons or practice was getting a golf GPS, I was surprised at how far out my distance estimations were to the middle of the green even in my own club. Knowing the distance and how far you hit a club gives a lot of confidence.
Absofuckinglutely this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.