Golf...

Over here in Dublin it used to be great for a learner there were a couple of Open courses were I learned to play Swords Open was 1 which was very open for a learner with some small trees about but nothing too hard for a beginer. So if I was you I would search for courses with open in there names as normally it is a easy young golf course and beginers will be more than welcome there. It could be different over there.

I used to play a lot as a kid, during the school holidays we could easily fit 3 rounds a day in. I was a member at Ashton-under-Lyne for years, managed to get down to 6 but like someone said earlier it never gets any easier as your targets just get higher and higher.
Fitting in both golf and football is hard though, when I was playing golf that's all I thought about ended up losing all interest in football (until my game went to pot).

Mike Doyle was a member at our place, played with his son (Grant) regularly, Mike was a top golfer, never really talked about City much at the golf club though.

My tip for you Billy is get the basics right first, stance, grip posture and alignment, once you've got these nailed it's a case of just playing loads and hitting a lot of balls at the range. It's all about muscle memory.

Don't get out as much these days even though I'm only 5 mins from Styal driving range.

mancityscot said:
I've got a handicap of 12, which is alright considering I'm 16. Handicap ain't busgig though which is a bit frustrating
busgig ??????

leighton said:
adamgregory said:
Cheers Leighton

Adam is there any courses over were you are that have 27 holes were you can play either 2 of the 3 9 holes parts of the course as that could be a option if you cant find a easy course.

hmmm not looked into that but sounds like a decent idea, I will have a google today and see what I can find. as I say its mainly for the fiancee as she only had her first round last week, just dont want to take her somewhere complex where she wont enjoy it or people get snotty about her being a beginner. Just dont want her to lose interest as its the only way il still get to play if she comes along, cant eb using my seasoncard every other weekend and playing golf on the others, women dont tend to like that for some reason, haha

adamgregory said:
I hadn't played for a few years but managed to convince the fiancee to have a go, so bought her some clubs but now im stuck, does anybody know of any decent courses that are complete amateur friendly and dont mind if she takes ages to complete a hole? she has played once, we went to Castle Hawk in Rochdale last weekend but its mainly par 3's and pretty shite. so im after somewhere preferably municipal, quite quiet and also fairly flat. as my first thoughts were Heaton Park but theres a fair few blind shots and she will lose balls for fun. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated guys.
many thanks

If you live in Denton, try Adlington (just South of Poynton on the road to Macc) or there is one near BAE Woodford, just at the end of the dual carriageway that runs off the A34.

When she gets a bit better, take her to Royal Houldsworth in Reddish - we are a good bunch and dont have the 'two-bob millionaires' that you find at Denton & Reddish Vale (alledgedly!)

Second best game in the world, after footy of course, but highly addictive like the other posters are saying. We've started a golf society in our local, and go to albufeira, Portugal every year on a "golf holiday" perfect excuse to have a lads holiday. most blokes wouldn't be allowed lads holidays but for some reason they can go on a golf holiday, brilliant!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.