Good article on Toure by Howard Hockin

A well written article with much to agree with. He brushes over his glaring weakness for me though and just accepting that he's always going to lose runners and not do a job defensively because he offers us more in other areas doesn't cut it for me - not when he's in a midfield two anyway. That's when we need him to have his wits about him otherwise Fernandinho or whoevers next to him is exposed.
He's a City great who hopefully will be managed correctly until the end of the season and goes in a blaze of glory with a trophy or two added to his collection.

I bet if you asked every other fan in the Prem the one person you feared the most playing against you're own team it would be Yaya. Nobody can do what he can do.

Some of his most positive traits are very subtle - 1 is drawing 2 or 3 men to him and then releasing the ball at exactly the right time to take those players out of the game, giving the receiver that extra half a second he needs. Goal number three v Palace illustrated that to a T.

Like the other fella said... enjoy it while you can.

I bet if you asked every other fan in the Prem the one person you feared the most playing against you're own team it would be Yaya. Nobody can do what he can do.

Some of his most positive traits are very subtle - 1 is drawing 2 or 3 men to him and then releasing the ball at exactly the right time to take those players out of the game, giving the receiver that extra half a second he needs. Goal number three v Palace illustrated that to a T.

Like the other fella said... enjoy it while you can.

I did ;-)

And another thing... Whilst Sergio and Vinny are on the treatment table, Yaya is there week in week out, rarely injured.

Gotta count for something

Yaya is a City legend. Anything else is media bollocks swallowed by gullible fans.
He is a City legend but there's questions to be asked over the last 12 months regardless of how great he's been - which he undoubtedly has.

The issue for me is yaya gets picked every week even though he looks knackered! We have a wide range of midfielders and I don't think we get the rotation and balance right! It's not yaya's fault but playing him less is part of the solution!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.