Good luck Tim Peake!

Tricky_Trev

Anyone watch his successful launch this morning? Absolutely buzzing for him, the live pictures were amazing. Britain's first official astronaut on the International Space Station just after 5pm today when he docks. Good luck Tim!!

good luck Tim!

I looked for a thread earlier and was surprised there wasnt one. Especially with all the space fanatics we have on here ;-)

What a trip for the bloke mate...words cant describe how he must have been feeling as the time got closer to go. Just wow and good luck Tim.

They say he'll be conducting experiments while he's in space. No doubt the first one will be to take a dump in a space suit while upside down in zero gravity.

Seriously though, good on him and I wish him well.

Yeah i saw it, nearly missed it after watching the live chan for 2 hours. He managed a smile, wave and thumbs up, fair play i would be to busy keeping my arse in.
The thrust pattern and jet rings looked cool as fuck.

What gets me is that the ISS is only 240 miles above the surface of the Earth. Manchester to London is not much shorter! In a completely different direction mind, but still... I find it a bizarre fact!

Great story and hopefully a positive example to kids everywhere.

All funded by the taxpayer though. I thought Gideon said we were skint?

Hopefully he has the opportunity to do a space walk. Got to be the dream of every astronaut! Imagine being outside of the space station, in a vacuum, looking down on earth. I can't process how overwhelming that must be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.