Good players leaving

NSBFL

I have been reading speculation on numerous threads as to which players will find their way out of City this summer. Some of the names, like Hamman, Vassell, Ball, Berti etc., are certainly understandable and in some cases, quite a relief (Danny Mills). But then there's a host of others like Elano, Dunne, Petrov, Fernandes, Jo, Johnson etc. that are good footballers (or at least have the potential to be). There is some debate as to whether they should stay or go.

I think we need to come to the realization that rules have changed for City, everything has changed. Clearly, the ambition is to challenge at the very highest level and our owners are committed to bringing in the best quality available, almost regardless of cost. The result is that we will find ourselves saying goodbye to some very good footballers in the coming months and years - and I am just fine with that! Sure we'll let some go we shouldn't, and one or two will leave of their own volition, but predominantly we will be bringing in superior talant that will enable us to enjoy the success we all crave.

There's no room for sentimantality in football when you are playing at the levels we are. It is about business and it is about winning. So, thanks for your service fellas - can't wait to see your replacements!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.