Good team yes, good squad???

I don'tr get this thread. We were the better team in spite of injuries before and during the game yet our squad is poor?

Im not posting just in reaction to yesterday I agree we have 13 very good players so we are always capable of fielding a strong 11 but our squad is thin if Yaya, Vinnie or Silva are injured we cannot replace their influence. Last year we had DeJong who could come on and close a game out, Johnson who like or loathe him had a trick and could run at defenders, we had Zab on the bench for a lot of the season which says a lot. Too many times this year I have heard the subs read out and thought we lacked a good bench that could change games.

On a side note I am not including Nasri in our best 13 either.

bondsman said:
Im not posting just in reaction to yesterday I agree we have 13 very good players so we are always capable of fielding a strong 11 but our squad is thin if Yaya, Vinnie or Silva are injured we cannot replace their influence. Last year we had DeJong who could come on and close a game out, Johnson who like or loathe him had a trick and could run at defenders, we had Zab on the bench for a lot of the season which says a lot. Too many times this year I have heard the subs read out and thought we lacked a good bench that could change games.

On a side note I am not including Nasri in our best 13 either.

Thats the point mate there are not very many Yaya, Vinnie or Silva players around especially ones that would happily sit on the bench when they could be a starter for another team in the top 4. You cannot have world class players on the bench it doesn't work. It also doesn't work changing your front line every game but mancini is yet to figure that out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.