Got any old Man City memories on film/video? For TV series.

I was involved with the Blue Print fanzine when the idea was to record fans throughout the whole season at MaIne Road in the early 90's.
The project started but only lasted a few games..... no idea where the tapes are now but one was a classic.
@Gary James I know we have spoken about this before, the tapes Mike K gave you if you know what happened to them?
It was decided to go into the Platt Lane end for the Liverpool game and ask Scousers what it was like being an away fan at Maine Road.
I can't remember the price to get in but for arguments sake let's just say it was £5. I wasn't one of the two Blues who went into the Platt Lane and filmed, but this was two interactions with Scousers....

1st Scouser:
"I hate it that Mancs sing about us being on the dole. I'm not on the dole, none of my mates are on the dole, we all work and im fed up of the generalisation that we are all on the dole"

2nd Scouser a few minutes later:
"Five fuckin' quid to get in? We're all on the fuckin' dole you know, how the fuck are we supposed to be able to afford to get in and survive the rest of the week?"

Lol

I was involved with the Blue Print fanzine when the idea was to record fans throughout the whole season at MaIne Road in the early 90's.
The project started but only lasted a few games..... no idea where the tapes are now but one was a classic.
@Gary James I know we have spoken about this before, the tapes Mike K gave you if you know what happened to them?
It was decided to go into the Platt Lane end for the Liverpool game and ask Scousers what it was like being an away fan at Maine Road.
I can't remember the price to get in but for arguments sake let's just say it was £5. I wasn't one of the two Blues who went into the Platt Lane and filmed, but this was two interactions with Scousers....

1st Scouser:
"I hate it that Mancs sing about us being on the dole. I'm not on the dole, none of my mates are on the dole, we all work and im fed up of the generalisation that we are all on the dole"

2nd Scouser a few minutes later:
"Five fuckin' quid to get in? We're all on the fuckin' dole you know, how the fuck are we supposed to be able to afford to get in and survive the rest of the week?"

Lol
The only tape Mike gave was the last day of the Kippax which was preserved by the North West Film Archive and was shown as part of the Boys In Blue film shows we did. I haven't seen any film from Platt Lane - that sounds like a great film.

The appeal I did a decade or so ago found quite a lot of fan footage - cine film from the 60s/70s, VHS from 90s and last day at Maine Road in 2003 etc. There was also the colour film of the 1970 ECWC homecoming (Cine camera), plus City in Istanbul for their first away EC tie. All of that was preserved by the North West Film Archive. It's a great collection and if anyone saw the film shows I did at Cornerhouse and the Dancehouse then that's all from the film archive. Quality material, thanks to all the fans who provided it.

The only tape Mike gave was the last day of the Kippax which was preserved by the North West Film Archive and was shown as part of the Boys In Blue film shows we did. I haven't seen any film from Platt Lane - that sounds like a great film.

The appeal I did a decade or so ago found quite a lot of fan footage - cine film from the 60s/70s, VHS from 90s and last day at Maine Road in 2003 etc. There was also the colour film of the 1970 ECWC homecoming (Cine camera), plus City in Istanbul for their first away EC tie. All of that was preserved by the North West Film Archive. It's a great collection and if anyone saw the film shows I did at Cornerhouse and the Dancehouse then that's all from the film archive. Quality material, thanks to all the fans who provided it.
Thanks Gary, I'll drop Mike a message

Afternoon all
I'm working for a documentary production company making a series about football fans.
It's going to be a very exciting project for City fans, but alas until it's released I can't go into great detail.

We're looking for home video and fan shot footage from the history of Man City.

At the moment we are looking for footage from before the youtube and camera phone era. Currently looking up to 2008.

Did your dad take a Super8 to the FA Cup final in 1969?
Did you take a handycam to the playoffs in 99? Or to the last game at Maine Road?
Ever film the shenanigans on an away day?
We want to capture fan City fan culture.

Please email me with any details - nickgilbertarchive@gmail.com

We will pay for any footage used in the final version of the series and nothing can be used without a signed release form and can discuss transfer fees if on out of date formats.

Here's my IMDB for my bonafides -

Rest assured, despite working on "99" I am not a red. I can't stand them either. But we used fan shot footage in that series and those fans were very happy with the results.

Thanks and hope to hear from lots of you!
Nick
Try contacting Granada/ITV because there was an episode of Coronation Street where about 5 or 6 of the characters went to Maine road in around 67/68 and stood on the Kippax.

Hi again
Bumping this back up as I can now say that this is part of a project made in collaboration between the City Football Group and Sony Pictures.

Originally my hope was to find video content from pre-2010 but I'm now widening that for any era of City supporting - and also for still images for a special documentary about the history of the club. Looking for anything filmed or photographed by City supporters and their families.

Get in touch!
Nick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.