gout, food to avoid

Bill

just want to see what you lot think, i have just had my first bout of gout, i'm on medication but there seems to be conflicting views on what to what not to eat.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers.

p.s
i was limping all over the place in aalborg it must have been gout then so the beer obviously plays a part, that has to stop:(

red wine

marinated meat (any meat really)

any scottish food.

I may have had gout a few years ago. I say may have 'cos I had two doctors give me different diagnoses. One said gout and the other said inflamed tendons in the sole of my foot. I was told that gout was brought about by eating too much good food and wine too (pheasant was mentioned by one or two). Several people told me to drink plenty of cranberry juice for gout. I think it was the tendons but don't know, pain was immense and didn't sleep for days when I had it. Good luck in getting it sorted.

cuccumbers are bad for gout.-there must be food;which is good for gout also .check with the daily fail healthpage.

Having never suffered I dont know for sure but I was told that in most cases it is brought on by BJ's?? Or was that BLT's!!

Avoid acidic foods and obviously up alkaline types,more greens,wholegrains,pulses,oils(fish/flax etc)

Do a search on google mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.