GPS chips in kids?

Every one when born should have one and also anyone coming to this country should have one when going through customs

Johnsonontheleft said:
You smoke shit loads of weed? That explains quite a lot.

The fact you totally missed my point explains even more.

I may be a burned out freak but I'm still less paranoid and sharper than you, that's a huge problem for you I'd imagine.

You want to treat human children like cattle and dare suggest other people have problems?

Skashion said:
BulgarianPride said:
GPS chips do not transmits, so it would be useless unless you also get the inhead navigation with imaps.

Skashion, you make good points, but they can easily be worked around.

1.) If tracking system is taken out of the body, it transmits an alarm. Detection of out of body can be done many ways. Drop of temperature, lack of heartbeat, gain/drop of humidity, pressure etc.
2.) and 3.) both are around not receiving the data send by the system. In that case, if a signal is not received in x mins raise an alarm with the last know position.

But anways implanting someone with a full blown GPS + some kind of transmitter system that allows the ranges required to be effect is a bit far from reach. It will not be effecting enough to be worth it.
GPS receivers don't but a GPS receiver would be as useful as a chocolate teapot for locating someone. To locate someone you need to be able to transmit a signal of some sort, it needn't be a GPS signal obviously, but the GPS coordinates would have to be transmitted in some way whether by phone network, WiFi, or 3G/4G. Having a chip where the kidnap victim knows their position but no-one else does is pretty damn pointless. Make no mistake that any device constantly sending GPS coordinates is going to very very power hungry unless it's RFID technology which would depend on it being absolutely ubiquitous.

and the problem of batteries running flat? Chips failing? Or even people stopping in one place too long so one position is continually broadcast giving rise to suspicion that something has gone wrong? There's going be a hell of a lot of false alarms.

You don't need to constantly transmit though, and in theory your GPS does not need to be always on, provided it has a good lock on time. If we transmit every 1-5 minutes, we would be "sleeping" for at least 50-90% of the time, using every little power. There could also be ways to actually "recharge" the batteries using the human body.

But i agree with you, a smart kidnapping detection would be too risky to implement. You go for a road trip and the police pull you over for kidnapping. So many things can go wrong so its not worth even trying. The bracelet/ amulet, with a panic button (or voice keyword for more advanced stuff) is the way to go.

Even if we have the technology and is perfect you would be crazy to implant such a thing in your child or yourself. Some governments would beg you to do it, and give it for free.

waspish said:
Every one when born should have one and also anyone coming to this country should have one when going through customs

Don't think anyone's going to bite on this one when JOTL is making a much more engaging case for the Nutjob Fringe.

BigJimLittleJim said:
waspish said:

Don't think anyone's going to bite on this one when JOTL is making a much more engaging case for the Nutjob Fringe.

So seemingly now even the loose coalition of slightly bonkers folk who constitute the Nutjob Alliance have disowned johnsonontheleft as being simply too unhinged to be associated with.
A bit like when David Cameron said that UKIP were a bunch of 'fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists'.
A description which also sums up JOTL with a fair degree of accuracy.

Johnsonontheleft said:
SWP's back said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I bet on a really good day you can count all the way up to potato.
I am always shocked by the rabid paranoia that envelops some upon the mention of children

With all due respect that is because you don't have kids of your own. Just like 90% of the others on this thread who would be against the idea.

I've a son, who's got himself into a few little scrapes, he's 16, it's about learning from them, and i wouldn't have him fitted with one.

What happens when they're 18 for example and have them removed, do you think they're suddenly safer?

Things happen to children (not as often as you'd think) and adults, so are you then going to want to keep the chip in for life. Last time i checked my son will still be my son when he's 40, and i'll probably still be worrying about him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.