Gracia sacked...

Think they've only won 4 of the last 16 games they played so they did fall away in the latter part of last season. Interestingly, Ole has only won 5 of his last 16 so one more defeat next week.....

Seems a snidey way to announce it, half way through the first half of the England game with the new manager announced 30 minutes later. Trying to bury bad news I guess.

Ridiculous decision.

I completely agree.

I thought Gracia was doing a good job at Watford and expected them to challenge for top six this season.

Sacking the manager after just four games is a barmey decision, IMHO. There are so many factors around a poor start to the season that handing him his P45 so early is laughable.

Not surprising they sack managers as often as we used to. If you are one of the smaller clubs with limited funds I'm not sure what they expect. Had a decent season and reached the cup final. Sure they got hammered in the end but on our day we could do that to any team.
Limited funds?

Bottom half Prem clubs have more money to spend than most group stage Champions Lg clubs.

Watford earnt £120.7m last season from Premier League and FA Cup prize money and TV revenue alone. That doesn’t include their shirt deal and other sponsors.

To put that into perspective: Atlético Madrid earnt £110m from La Liga, Copa and TV revenue last season which was actually £440k less than Huddersfield Town.

Watford earnt £120.7m last season from Premier League and FA Cup prize money and TV revenue alone. That doesn’t include their shirt deal and other sponsors.

To put that into perspective: Atlético Madrid earnt £110m from La Liga, Copa and TV revenue last season which was actually £440k less than Huddersfield Town.

Didn't know that. Makes you wonder what some of these clubs do with the money.

Limited funds?

Bottom half Prem clubs have more money to spend than most group stage Champions Lg clubs.

I am aware of the money the premier league get in contrast to European league's but these days 120 million might get you three decent players if you're lucky. That's if you can attract them to your club in the first place, then pay the wages they will demand. So they did well with their resources and standing as a club. We had the same problem attracting decent players at first after years in the wilderness and our stadium has twice the capacity and we are in a major City. Admittedly London isn't far away.

Watford are in the list of also ran clubs in the premier league. To finish 11th and reach the cup final was a good season. Their target every season is to stay in the league and hopefully have a good cup run or win one. They have at least eight bigger and wealthier clubs ahead of them. If West Ham and Newcastle get their act together that will be ten. Even if a multi billionaire took over I doubt they would break into the top six.

I completely agree.

I thought Gracia was doing a good job at Watford and expected them to challenge for top six this season.

Sacking the manager after just four games is a barmey decision, IMHO. There are so many factors around a poor start to the season that handing him his P45 so early is laughable.

He wasn’t doing particularly good job. Whilst they go to the FA Cup final their form has been terrible since January, apparently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.