Grammar Lesson - please read & contribute.

An exclamation mark is indeed a type of punctuation, but further punctuation is needed after the closing of the quote to finish your post mate.

:).

aguero93:20 said:
An exclamation mark is indeed a type of punctuation, but further punctuation is needed after the closing of the quote to finish your post mate.

I disagree.

quiet_riot said:
quiet_riot said:
It's not about being anal, because when you know how to use correct English, you don't scour posts for mistakes, the just pop out at you and shout "LOOK! THIS POSTER IS FUCKING THICK!"

No full stop after "THICK!" either qr, very disappointed.

An exclamation mark is a type of full stop.

Stuuuuuu said:
quiet_riot said:
It's not about being anal, because when you know how to use correct English, you don't scour posts for mistakes, the just pop out at you and shout "LOOK! THIS POSTER IS FUCKING THICK!"

LOOK! THIS POSTER IS FUCKING THICK! A full stop or semicolon is needed after 'mistakes' (you used a comma splice). Also, you should have used a comma to introduce your quotation.

Sorry for being a twat; I did try to resist.

I'll openly admit that semicolon usage does confuse me.
As does the spelling of they.

quiet_riot said:

I disagree.

And so you should. You don't use a full stop as well as an exclamation mark!.

117 M34 said:
quiet_riot said:

I disagree.

And so you should. You don't use a full stop as well as an exclamation mark!.

I think he meant after a quote that included an exclamation mark. eg. ''Oh fuck!''.

I never judge people's intelligence off the back of bad grammar. One of the smartest people I've ever met had the most appalling English you've ever seen but he had a brain like Michio Kaku. Not to mention that on the internet, a lot of people are speaking English as a foreign language.

One thing that does get on my nerves a bit (and I hate to generalise but it seems to be the middle-aged/older people in my life for some reason) is the propensity for some to use heaps of exclamation marks at the end of sentences. Why end everything like this?!?!!!!!1!!!1!one!!11!one!!!eleven!!!

It just makes you look like a really irritating person.

I tell you whats more annoying on BM than bad grammar, the same posters ramming a shit joke into the ground in an attempt to be funny. Honestly i may be a miserable fucker but i don't know what the mods do. 99% of threads go the same way, do more than 20/30 posters even post in the cellar anymore? Honestly its gone to shit over the last 12 months, theres even hardly any pics of women anymore.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
I tell you whats more annoying on BM than bad grammar, the same posters ramming a shit joke into the ground in an attempt to be funny. Honestly i may be a miserable fucker but i don't know what the mods do. 99% of threads go the same way, do more than 20/30 posters even post in the cellar anymore? Honestly its gone to shit over the last 12 months, theres even hardly any pics of women anymore.

It's all about the politics. There's a couple posters that just post news stories (like Copenhagen) like pretend journos.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
everythingchangesbutblue said:

It's all about the politics now. There's a couple posters that just post news stories like pretend journos.
I know but worse than that theres a few posters who just start threads to get a rise off of few other posters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.