Grand Theft Auto 6 Thread - Possible Spoilers

Stuuuuuu

OK, so we know this game will be hugely anticipated. There's a good chance that it will break all sorts of records and we can be pretty confident that it will be spectacular.

Stuff we know:

The game is in development (we don't know that it's called GTA6 though).

Leslie Benzies left the company and has formed Build A Rocket Boy Games to release Everywhere - a possible GTA contender. Now, Benzies was a huge creative force in the previous GTA games and he oversaw their production, so will his absence impact on the quality of 6?

That's actually pretty much all that we know for sure!

Rumours and possible spoilers:

In September 2022, some supposed leaks - amounting to 90 separate gameplay videos - were leaked online. Take Two Interactive (the publisher of GTA) ensured that they were taken down. However, you can see them on YouTube if you search for teapotuberhacker - the username of the alleged leaker.

It's being said that these are likely to be genuine leaks due to the detail and debug code etc. Clearly they are early versions (supposedly from 2017).

Assuming they are genuine, then we can see at least two playable characters. To me, it looks like they might be going with a Bonnie and Clyde-type storyline, with a couple carrying out robberies together.

There are also rumours that Rockstar North are aiming for photorealistic graphics which would be a bit of a departure from the usual comic-book style. However, I would take this with a pinch of salt as I believe we are still a distance away from truly photorealistic graphics.

Every year there’s a rumour about this that inevitably turns out to be bollocks.

It’s been what, a decade since GTA 5? As long as Rockstar can keep making millions from the online shite they will.

I’d love a new GTA but I’m not hopeful. But I’m in the minority that loves the storyline missions aspect of it and couldn’t give a toss about the multiplayer online stuff.

Every year there’s a rumour about this that inevitably turns out to be bollocks.

It’s been what, a decade since GTA 5? As long as Rockstar can keep making millions from the online shite they will.

I’d love a new GTA but I’m not hopeful. But I’m in the minority that loves the storyline missions aspect of it and couldn’t give a toss about the multiplayer online stuff.
Same never even played it online

They've actually said that they are making the next GTA though.

Yes, rumours abound all the time but there are good reasons why these new ones could be authentic.

The online aspect of GTA 5 was good fun for the first few years. I've not played it since PS3 but I was an active player just up the point of where the heist missions were introduced online. Since then it seems to have grown arms, legs and tentacles. Flying motorbikes for example.

Hopefully this next one gives a little more to the single player aspect of the game. Despite the obvious differences I still think Vice City and San Andreas were better single player experiences than GTA 5.

Some of the debug footage contained the RTX 3080 graphics card (released in September 2020) so some of the footage is newer than 2017 without a doubt.

They've actually said that they are making the next GTA though.

Yes, rumours abound all the time but there are good reasons why these new ones could be authentic.
I was at a bbq this summer and at the party was a bloke who is one of the lead designers for Rockstar and GTA. Told me they’d been working on it for some time but it wouldn’t be coming any time soon (years off). Wouldn’t tell me anything else though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.