Grass roots, history & ambition

One of the many reasons I was attracted to this club many years ago was because of the people that I saw following this club. If we lost ADUG, cook, Robbie, premiership status and the lot, we as fans could slag it off, and be there on opening day with bananas in hand. There are very few fans that have supporters like mcfc. So whatever happens, CTID

unlikelyfan19 said:
One of the many reasons I was attracted to this club many years ago was because of the people that I saw following this club. If we lost ADUG, cook, Robbie, premiership status and the lot, we as fans could slag it off, and be there on opening day with bananas in hand. There are very few fans that have supporters like mcfc. So whatever happens, CTID

well said m8, to bloody right we would be there no matter.

dubbie31 said:
Agreed in full. For us fans who remember being relegated and who remember the depths of despair we have been in, we all understand what it means to be a true blue. Being a City fan is essentially like belonging to 1 big family. Families bicker and fight with eachother but in the long run we all share one goal.

We must find our common grounds....stick to them and leave the petty bullshit behind.

WE ARE CITY
SUPER CITY
FROM MAINE ROAD!

The Future is Bright, the Future is BLUE!

Remember getting the tram back from the chelsea game this year.
Talking to one of there fans he said its great being a rich club just enjoy it and hope it lasts!

gillymcfc said:
leewill31 said:
if he has chosen us because of the GRASS ROOTS, HISTORY & AMBITION and has been stated by kia jocobian do you think the media will use this as to the reasons for coming to manchester city,no we know they wont so every media station or reporter or so called pundit comes out with he only came for the money are all bitter t***s that dont have a clue!

They will soon change there opinion of us, they just like to keep top four sweet - soon we will be the team they play up too!!!

Just enjoy the ride and laugh at there remarks - they hated the fact Kia kept refering to Tevez chooses teams who are building ambition.

He isnt going for money - after all rags were going to make him one of the highest paid players at club. me laughs out loud every time I think of him saying stick it and them replying "what could be better than playing for Utd , Tevez replies playing for CITY"

It's Jimmy Grimble !!! LOL !!

FFS I've been walking on air all day !!!!

Bought a car at Arnold clark on Chester Rd stretford last week .
Turned up today to pick it up in a City T shirt....drew a few scowls.

..Loving every minute of this !!

Rammyblues said:
lets get behind MAN CITY as one and get ready for the fun to begin- all players and Managers a like we should support. Trust our owners to look after off field activities if things go wrong after all they are not going to throw money into us to fail are they.

Couldn't agree more, for all the mongers who don't like RSC if he puts on the shirt we should give them our support. Recreate the atmosphere as we had in the Hamburg game, we are City, we are Manchester.

Totally , M8.

Its like one big love-in on this thread! Its great to hear the realists out there. We love city, we're stuck with it, and at this moment in time, its the best ride ever! CTID

whalley ranger said:
Its like one big love-in on this thread! Its great to hear the realists out there. We love city, we're stuck with it, and at this moment in time, its the best ride ever! CTID

Well it takes a special breed to be a City fan. We are a masochistic bunch of lunatics clad in Blue and dedicated to the Club.

dubbie31 said:
whalley ranger said:

Well it takes a special breed to be a City fan. We are a masochistic bunch of lunatics clad in Blue and dedicated to the Club.

haha no kidding. We are all a a few tires short of a car. You HAVE to be a little off kilter to be a city fan.

unlikelyfan19 said:
dubbie31 said:
whalley ranger said:

haha no kidding. We are all a a few tires short of a car. You HAVE to be a little off kilter to be a city fan.

Agree entirely with this....just remember where we all were 10 years and three weeks ago; in the depths of despair going into injury time in the play off for promotion from the third tier of English football...and look where we may be in 10 years; but wherever we are in 10 years (and lets hope karma means we are the best in the world) remember it is us that make this club what it is and we should stick together as one big family, with small sibling quabbles accepted...CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.