Great article in the Times

kenster197

Hiding in the Highlands miles from civilisation
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article6431642.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 431642.ece</a>

Not sure if this link will work guys, if it doesnt then sorry but you should look it up, it's a very good article.

Kenster

I agree. Very good article. It does look like MH has a definite strategy in place with (as the journo states) his priority targets and then back-up targets as well.

I must admit I was unsure about MH this season - I couldn't make my mind up if the problem was him or certain problem players - but I've decided to trust him, for next season at least, because it would be great to have the same (obviously successful) manager for 3, 4, 5 years+.

I'm also warming to Gary Cook. He seems to have the clubs interest close at heart, and I've just been reading about the 10 year umbro deal. It looks like they're finally gonna give us a decent, retro-inspired kit for the first time in years - with crew neck and simple BLUE design! I thought the quality of the LCS kits were shite!

Tommy Booth's Perm said:
I agree. Very good article. It does look like MH has a definite strategy in place with (as the journo states) his priority targets and then back-up targets as well.

I agree it's good to pick your targets, and back up targets (didn't really see that with RSC this January but hey ho).

My concern though, will his targets build a team. I don't think he sees a place in a team for the type of players that might not be consistent, or put in 110% all the time, or capable of creating something out of nothing.

So while he has a definate strategy in place, is that the best for the club, or the supporters? Time will tell I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.